Sponsored

Oil leak - 2 day old Offroad Premium

tacotegu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not happy at all right now. Picked this up 2 days ago. 10km on odo, currently at still at under 20km after driving back from dealer. Clearly has an oil leak (not AC condensation, see pics).

Toyota sales rep unsure whats going on. Service closed til Monday. Will need to get it towed.

Anyone else experienced this and if so what was the issue? Makes me question whether they truly do PDI.

IMG_9558.jpg

IMG_9565.jpg

IMG_9570.jpg
Sponsored

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Take the skid off and see if you can tell where it's coming from ?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Take the skid off and see if you can tell where it's coming from ?
Definitely take a look. Could be as simple as tightening the drain plug.

Sponsored

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
That’s insane ! For sure need to question the PDI you paid for! Please report back on the outcome!

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I'll bet loose filter or drain plug. Engine is built in Alabama and shipped to Mexico. QC issues both places on this one.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
When I got a Subaru, the diff was leaking when I picked it up (brand new). Resolved quickly an easily and didn't return. I know it's a pain to find a defect on your new ride, but it's a common occurrence on new vehicles and doesn't indicate long term issues.

Sponsored

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Right, without jackstands for safety? NO WAY!
When I change my oil, I drive onto ramped blocks and do the job. He could jack it up, add blocks under the tires, remove the jack, set the parking brake, and tighten the oil plug.

Easy-peasy and safe.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
When I change my oil, I drive onto ramped blocks and do the job. He could jack it up, add blocks under the tires, remove the jack, set the parking brake, and tighten the oil plug.

Easy-peasy and safe.
Yep, blocks would work...

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
Doesn't the warranty come with road side assistance?Either way the dealership should come get it... It would be nice to be the drain plug or a loose filter but who really knows...Unless you remove the skid plate... Please update us... I think that is really messed up to have to deal with... If you don't wanna remove don't do it let them do it.... Is it parked at your place or at some mall parking garage?

sparkytaco

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
I just changed my oil on my 4x4 offroad at 1k and was going to make a post about it when I get my oil analysis back. However, to your leak, my drain plug was 'snug' at best and there was a few drops of oil on my 'skid plate'. I say 'skid plate' because it is now cheap plastic cover and not even metal... The oil filter was on with the force of Zeus. I am glad I had an oil cap wrench for it.

Good to go now! Good luck! I bet it it's something simple.

Also - I did mine without jacks or stands. I am 5'9" 175lb so its snug but possible to get to the rear 'skid plate' for me.
Sponsored