Sponsored

ZIGGY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
I’m in the middle of installing the Readylift 1.5” leveling kit and noticed a front brake caliper issue. The spring clip that hold the guide pins in place was installed incorrectly. Glad I caught this before the pin backed all the way out and into my rim. I suggest you guys take a couple seconds to verify that yours are installed properly.

2024 Tacoma PSA: Check your Front Brake Calipers - Spring Clip Installed Incorrectly on my 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_8940

2024 Tacoma PSA: Check your Front Brake Calipers - Spring Clip Installed Incorrectly on my 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_8939
Sponsored

Snowjunky24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
Is your rotor touching the back shield? Mine is on front driver

OP
OP
ZIGGY

ZIGGY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
Is your rotor touching the back shield? Mine is on front driver
I checked everything over pretty good after finding the messed up spring clip. Didn’t find any other issues, splash plate is not touching the rotor on either side.

JT michigan

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma TRD
TM vs TY? Place of manufacture?
(New to site)
How to trace a new vehicle's progress through vin#

Sponsored

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
There seems to be a lot more issues with the 3TY or is just me?

OP
OP
ZIGGY

ZIGGY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
Another weird thing happened today in the Tacoma. Radio powered off completely on its own after driving for about 3 minutes. Radio was on and I did not touch any buttons. Screen went black for about 20 seconds then powered on with the initial warning screen like I had just restarted the truck.

FirstTimeTruckBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
Another weird thing happened today in the Tacoma. Radio powered off completely on its own after driving for about 3 minutes. Radio was on and I did not touch any buttons. Screen went black for about 20 seconds then powered on with the initial warning screen like I had just restarted the truck.
That happens often with my Subaru’s head unit whenever the outside temperature is above 70°F. I haven’t figured out the cause yet, but hopefully yours is a one-time issue/fluke.

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual
Checked my 3TY and clips were properly installed. Thanks for looking out! Now have to check rear shock bolt torque!

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZIGGY

ZIGGY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
Checked my 3TY and clips were properly installed. Thanks for looking out! Now have to check rear shock bolt torque!
Guess I’ll be checking rear shock bolts after work. Thanks for the heads up.

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Posted to 4th Gen Tacoma Owners page on FB. For the record he had upgraded his suspension so Toyota wasn’t the last to torque the bolts. He claims this happened to some preproduction stock trucks. Perhaps one of the reasons for the quality hold??

2024 Tacoma PSA: Check your Front Brake Calipers - Spring Clip Installed Incorrectly on my 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road IMG_2844

Last edited:

Groves8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sport+ 6M Tacoma
Can you check this without getting up on a lift or anything? That could be a stupid question, I don’t do much of work on my own hahah

Tekoma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you check this without getting up on a lift or anything? That could be a stupid question, I don’t do much of work on my own hahah
Yes you can just roll under and look at the spring clips. It takes 2 minutes.

Same goes for checking lower shock bolt torque - your just need a torque wrench and the torque spec.

Groves8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sport+ 6M Tacoma
Yes you can just roll under and look at the spring clips. It takes 2 minutes.

Same goes for checking lower shock bolt torque - your just need a torque wrench and the torque spec.
Thanks for that, much appreciated, I’ll be checking after work!
Sponsored