Sponsored

Tire Shine Stains on Wind Chill Pearl

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I wanted to give everyone a warning about tire shine stains and the WCP paint. After washing for the first time this weekend, I saw these stains in my paint near the wheel wells and concluded it appears to be the tire shine the dealer put on the vehicle.

Does anyone know of anything that can take remove these stains? I’ve tried quick detailer and cleaner wax and neither have worked.

2024 Tacoma Tire Shine Stains on Wind Chill Pearl IMG_0942

2024 Tacoma Tire Shine Stains on Wind Chill Pearl IMG_0939

2024 Tacoma Tire Shine Stains on Wind Chill Pearl IMG_0940

2024 Tacoma Tire Shine Stains on Wind Chill Pearl IMG_0943
Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Could try a citrus cleaner like chemical guys citrus wash & gloss or go straight to clay bar.

bml42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Premium (6MT)
I wanted to give everyone a warning about tire shine stains and the WCP paint. After washing for the first time this weekend, I saw these stains in my paint near the wheel wells and concluded it appears to be the tire shine the dealer put on the vehicle.

Does anyone know of anything that can take remove these stains? I’ve tried quick detailer and cleaner wax and neither have worked.

IMG_0942.jpeg

IMG_0939.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

IMG_0943.jpeg
Waiting for the last leg of delivery from port for my TRD Sport in WCP, so thank you for this. I need to tell my dealer to leave my truck the hell alone, and I'll have it detailed myself.

Nixamantacoma

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
It looks like Rail rust. It can be common for those that are transported on an open rail car. It splatters up, when it rains and is moving.

I first heard about it when I got my Bronco. Others were seeing it.
It will come off, but requires some good elbow grease to get it off.

I was told to use Mothers. It came off with some work.

You can also find Iron rust remover. Adam’s makes it
2024 Tacoma Tire Shine Stains on Wind Chill Pearl IMG_3893

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
What’s strange is it’s up inside the wheel well so I don’t think it’s rail rust.

Jefferson Bruno

First Name
Jefferson Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4

IMG_0942.jpeg

IMG_0939.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

IMG_0943.jpeg

Auto Detailing Woodbridge VA
Looks rail rust, pretty common for cars transported on open rail cars. Rain can cause it to splatter up while the car is moving.

To remove it, I'd recommend using a clay bar. It’s great for getting rid of rail rust and other contaminants. After that, you can apply a ceramic coat to protect your car's paint. The ceramic coat adds a nice shine and keeps the paint looking new.

Tacotee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma sport

IMG_0942.jpeg

IMG_0939.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

IMG_0943.jpeg
Wow I also have this on my silver tried rubbing with a few products no luck

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I've never experienced this with tire shine, I use it every wash, different brands and I'm quite uncoordinated and sloppy when putting it on. White truck as well I'd be surprised if that was the culprit, hopefully you get it off though.
Sponsored