Sponsored

TRD Off-Road Premium Running boards

PNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off Road
The Canadian Off-Road Premium comes with running boards. Does anyone know how these are mounted? I was hoping they are frame mounted and not body-mounted.
Sponsored

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
The Canadian Off-Road Premium comes with running boards. Does anyone know how these are mounted? I was hoping they are frame mounted and not body-mounted.
Let you know later today if you want, I'm picking up my OR Premium this afternoon. I've seen it already and near positive that they are attached to frame. Thinking what truck would attach running boards to the body?

Reactions: PNW

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I'll check mine at lunch today. Also, they don't come with the premium package in the US either so don't feel slighted :)

JT michigan

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma TRD
I'd appreciate some help in understanding tube steps vs running boards.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Are you sure they were included with the premium trim and not added by the dealer or distributor?

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Are you sure they were included with the premium trim and not added by the dealer or distributor?
In Canada the Cast Aluminum TRD Running Boards are included on the Sport Premium and the Off-Road Premium. That's why the MSRP is over $61k for these trucks. The Running Boards are a $1455.98 +15% tx option on other trim levels.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I assume they mount to the bottom of the cab inside the pinch weld the same as the other Running Boards or Step Bars on the previous Gen.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Let you know later today if you want, I'm picking up my OR Premium this afternoon. I've seen it already and near positive that they are attached to frame. Thinking what truck would attach running boards to the body?
not sure what shipping would cost, but I’ll sell you my predator side steps/running boards if you wanted to buy them I want something without the step that hangs down, but I wasn’t able to chose if I wanted them or not when I bought the truck.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not sure what shipping would cost, but I’ll sell you my predator side steps/running boards if you wanted to buy them I want something without the step that hangs down, but I wasn’t able to chose if I wanted them or not when I bought the truck.
No thanks - I'm happy with what comes on the truck from the factory here in Canada.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
No thanks - I'm happy with what comes on the truck from the factory here in Canada.
gotcha. Just thought I would offer. They only fit 4th gen Tacoma’s, so probably have to wait until there are more trucks on the road before anyone will be able to buy them from me lol

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gotcha. Just thought I would offer. They only fit 4th gen Tacoma’s, so probably have to wait until there are more trucks on the road before anyone will be able to buy them from me lol
Sure sure , never hurts to ask, thanks for the offer... even if - would have been wildly expensive to ship them here

OP
OP

PNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off Road
I assume they mount to the bottom of the cab inside the pinch weld the same as the other Running Boards or Step Bars on the previous Gen.
This is what I was afraid of they wouldn't provide any protection on the trails. Bit of a bummer that we have to pay for these if we want the premium package in Canada.

Snowjunky24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
I see two mounds attached to my sr5 frame. I’m wondering if the trail hunter or pro will attach to these
Sponsored