Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
What's up with the grille light bar? Chunk of the middle peice looks smacked out lol.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Really like most everything about the Taco TRD Pro, except the seats. Not sure I can convince myself it’s worth more than my 23’ Tundra TRD Pro.

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
I went there and looked at it and went inside the ZR2 and the 2024 Ranger.
The Tacoma looks to have significantly less rear legroom than both, with the Ranger having the best rear legroom.

Ranger looks ugly (IMO only the Raptor version looks good).
Tacoma and ZR2 both looked good.

54K for a loaded TRD offroad (likely 65K for a Pro when factoring in hybrid + all the offroad stuff) and 55K for a Ranger Raptor, the later is an easy choice. The ZR2 at 50K is a steal.

Underground color is significantly darker than those photos. My photo is vastly more accurate but even then it’s still a bit darker than that.

Only reason I am still looking at Tacoma is 6ft bed and the fact the Raptor is sold out. Otherwise I can’t possibly justify spending that much for something that won’t be as reliable as the old one for the first year model.

2024 Tacoma Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro @ Utah Auto Expo IMG_5513

bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
An Underground color 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro is currently on display at the Utah Auto Expo :love:

Cool to see that this has actually been driven off-road.

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 12.jpg

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 11.jpg

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 10.jpg

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 9.jpg

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 8.jpg

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 1.jpg

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 2.jpg

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 3.jpg

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 4.jpg

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 5.jpg

20240112_195455.jpg

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 6.jpg

Underground 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro Utah Auto Expo 7.jpg
So nice looking. Is the set up and color I'll be wtg for until it's available to me.

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
I went there and looked at it and went inside the ZR2 and the 2024 Ranger.
The Tacoma looks to have significantly less rear legroom than both, with the Ranger having the best rear legroom.

Ranger looks ugly (IMO only the Raptor version looks good).
Tacoma and ZR2 both looked good.

54K for a loaded TRD offroad (likely 65K for a Pro when factoring in hybrid + all the offroad stuff) and 55K for a Ranger Raptor, the later is an easy choice. The ZR2 at 50K is a steal.

Underground color is significantly darker than those photos. My photo is vastly more accurate but even then it’s still a bit darker than that.

Only reason I am still looking at Tacoma is 6ft bed and the fact the Raptor is sold out. Otherwise I can’t possibly justify spending that much for something that won’t be as reliable as the old one for the first year model.

IMG_5513.jpeg
My 2019 Tacoma was Magnetic Grey, not the same color as Underground but close enough for me to say I'd go another direction/want something different. It is nice though, just light enough where you see the black accents/secondary color.

I hear you; the price, the wait, and the potential first model year bugs have me spending a good amount of time looking into the ZR2 and even the GMC Canyon AT4. I didnt like hearing that this is in fact NOT a tested powertrain. They proudly stated there are something like 46% -54% new parts changed out from the 2.4L that was in the Lexus and Landcruiser? They were selling it as the powertrain being tweaked to perform well in a truck, I just heard "we're trying a whole bunch of new stuff" lol. I know Toyota focuses on quality more than most others, but they tried a new transmission setup in 2016, that didnt go so well.

It does look like an awfully nice truck though, I'm really just waiting to hear the mpg and pricing for the i-Forcemax models. The ZR2 and Canyon AT4 will be back in production by then too, so I'll be in a better place to make a decision. Although I'll probably end up with a 2025 if I wait much longer, which is fine.
Sponsored