Soft Taco

Soft Taco

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I absolutely love this, I can't tell you how many times I have had to look up a torque value for maintenance performed every 5k miles and it would be fantastic to have the basic information printed on an easy to reference poster. The only addition/edit I can think of for the 4th gens is a reminder and value for the re-torque propeller shaft bolt Toyota recommends every 5k miles. Maybe this is instead of greasing the u-joints, as the new ones are sealed!

Thank you for the concise and informative maintenance map!
I should have it ready for us in the next 48 hours! Sourcing the info has been a bit painstaking BUT I have made some great allies in high places along the way. I want to check my info real quick... can you with 100% certainty confirm for me the front driveshaft is indeed sealed?
Sponsored

COcurmudgeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma DCSB
Unfortunately I am still awaiting delivery and can not confirm the front driveshaft is sealed. This is just based on online research.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Great presentation. Thanks for putting in the effort.

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 4Runner, soon to be 2024 Tacoma
I was talking with the tech at the service center while getting my 4Runner oil swapped.

He was telling me that the 4th Gen Tacoma will not need 5k intervals on the oil change. I'm wondering if anyone knows for certain. Maybe someone with an owners manual?

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
I was talking with the tech at the service center while getting my 4Runner oil swapped.

He was telling me that the 4th Gen Tacoma will not need 5k intervals on the oil change. I'm wondering if anyone knows for certain. Maybe someone with an owners manual?

From the Warranty and Maintenance Manual:

2024 Tacoma UPDATE 4th Gen Tacoma Maintenance Maps & Trackers [Version 1.0 Available] 5k.PNG

2024 Tacoma UPDATE 4th Gen Tacoma Maintenance Maps & Trackers [Version 1.0 Available] 2.PNG

It is caveated "if driving on dirt or dusty roads", but I personally wouldn't go longer than 5K. That said, the "normal" maintenance recommendation is 10K:

2024 Tacoma UPDATE 4th Gen Tacoma Maintenance Maps & Trackers [Version 1.0 Available] 10K.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Soft Taco

Soft Taco

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road

Brother avoid that tech. Yes the truck will survive 10k changes. Heck, there's even oil bottles at Walmart that say 20k intervals... screw all that and do whats right for the truck. 5k, end of story.

OP
OP
Soft Taco

Soft Taco

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Awesome job Tyler. That is a truly functional piece of art. I'm glad you wandered over here and shared your passion for this project.
Much appreciated, and much much more to come!

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brother avoid that tech. Yes the truck will survive 10k changes. Heck, there's even oil bottles at Walmart that say 20k intervals... screw all that and do whats right for the truck. 5k, end of story.
That was my first instinct. Everything with a grain of salt, as it goes. I'm still adjusting to the mindset of 5k instead of 3k.

Thanks for the update too, lookin' forward to your content rollout. (y)

Type2Diabetes

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR - Silver
Purchased a map and a magnet from the site. Great idea!

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw that! Thanks for everything brother!
Speaking of your website, do you have plans for a 2024 Tacoma techmat/mousepad like you have for the 2023?
Sponsored