Sponsored

Dyl

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I just noticed that there is no mention anywhere of the sway bar disconnect on the OR. On the US configurator, you select Premium + Sway Bar Disconnect. No option for that in Canada, so is it standard or not available?
I was looking earlier but it seems like it’s unavailable. Kind of losing interest in this truck. No bronze oxide as well.
Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I was looking earlier but it seems like it’s unavailable. Kind of losing interest in this truck. No bronze oxide as well.
Releasing an Offroad tuned truck in Canada of all places without the option of a sway bar disconnect with be a huge L for Toyota if this is true.

There will be lots of customer I'm sure going for competition.

It's quite apparent Toyota don't really give a . for Canadians, as I'm sure most of their profits come from the US. Give the US everything, leave us with the scraps.

Whatever, anything that isn't included in these Canadian models can surely be added aftermarket down the road, and probably for much cheaper than what the US is going to pay OEM off the lot. The small head unit is my biggest complaint, but I'll eBay a bigger head unit down the line

Darrin Carter

First Name
Buckshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tundra
so my dealer is getting a sport premium next week for a demo can't sell it . They are being told they are getting 120 units in total. So I ordered the sport premium as they wanted to get my name on one of the alocated units. The price came in the same as what It did when I built the truck on Toyota website no mark up but also no dealing either they wouldn't even throw in the blockheater. She also told me that they were only getting 14 land cruisers this year but presently have 70 Tundras on the lot. They can no longer get the 2023 unless they do a dealer trade.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
so my dealer is getting a sport premium next week for a demo can't sell it . They are being told they are getting 120 units in total. So I ordered the sport premium as they wanted to get my name on one of the alocated units. The price came in the same as what It did when I built the truck on Toyota website no mark up but also no dealing either they wouldn't even throw in the blockheater. She also told me that they were only getting 14 land cruisers this year but presently have 70 Tundras on the lot. They can no longer get the 2023 unless they do a dealer trade.
Not being able to get the 2023 anymore is definitely true. My buddy went to buy a new 2023 two weeks ago and he was told he was SOL, had to either hope to find one in the next city over or settle for a pre-owned

Christo

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pathfinder
Put a deposit last April got a call from my sales rep today saying they just had a meeting with Toyota Canada and she wants me come in and build my truck so that my order is in. She says they have been told that there are limited quantities available. My dealer has told me they are the largest volume truck dealer in the province (how true it is I do not know but I have seen them get truck other dealers can't)
originally I was looking at the Trail Hunter but the more I look at it there is a lot of features I would not use on it (don't really take my truck off road)
Going to go with the sport premium with the 6' box Super sonic red
I said I was waiting to order when the build went on the web site live. She said they just want to get my name on a Truck and we can build the accessories after (levelling kit through dealer if available so warranty is not affected and probably aftermarket roof rack as pricing may be more reasonable)
See what more detail I get after I meet with her
hopefully this tuck is as reliable 2007 Tundra I just handed down to my son
Did she say, or do you know, if the sport premium will come as a hybrid?

Christo

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pathfinder
Not being able to get the 2023 anymore is definitely true. My buddy went to buy a new 2023 two weeks ago and he was told he was SOL, had to either hope to find one in the next city over or settle for a pre-owned
I learned that Campbell River (Vancouver Island) bought up all the 2023 in the area

Msepa

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 TRD Tacoma Off Road
1/5/24 UPDATE - CANADA 2024 TACOMA BUILD & PRICE NOW LIVE!

https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/build-price/tacoma

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Post:
In canada build page is still for 2023 . Anyone have any guess will that happen ??

Are you serious? I just went o the site and built a TRD OF Premium it’s just shy of $70K. What will the 2024 price be?? I would Love to get a PRO but that may be $90K. 🤯

Msepa

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 TRD Tacoma Off Road
Are you serious? I just went on the site and built a TRD OR Premium and t’s just shy of $70K. POW. What will the 2024 price be?? I would Love to get a TRD PRO but that may be close to $90K. 🤯

Last edited:

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Finally. Yeehaw. 🤠

Msepa

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 TRD Tacoma Off Road
1/5/24 UPDATE - CANADA 2024 TACOMA BUILD & PRICE NOW LIVE!

https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/build-price/tacoma

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Post:

In canada build page is still for 2023 . Anyone have any guess will that happen ??
Crap I was just on that site and built a TRD OR Premium and it was tickling $70K. POW. I was looking to get the TRD PRO but it being hybrid and all we would probably be looking close to $90K. WTF?????

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
It does appear that the same trim and package in Canada is de-contented compared to the US spec. If it's any consolation, when you account for the exchange rate the Canadian version is several thousand dollars cheaper than the US version.

Darrin Carter

First Name
Buckshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tundra
She did not really know but I did not ask about the hybrid
She did say that the accessory options should be available in February
Hoping the have either a levelling kit or a bit of a lift kit and maybe an option for a bronze rim and see what kind of price on the roof rack

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor 2021
Looks like you can't get the trailer brake controller on the base TRD OR, you need the TRD OR premium for that. 8K more for a brake controller...

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Weird option set ups, trailer brake controller don’t come on Sport, need Sport + or Premium. Problem is in BC tax rate kicks up by 3% to 15% over $55k. So Premium is $71,650 with camera, sill protection and chrome tips. For basically softex seats and a 14” screen over the +.
Definitely pricey for a small truck.

Paco877

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Hard to justify a TRD sport premium or OR premium at $61,000. When a tundra TRD sport is $66,000. Super pricey for a mid size.
Sponsored