Sponsored

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
The Safety sense 3.0 on the 4th Gen Tacoma is really good! That said, you must still pay attention when driving!

Safety Sense 3.0 on the 2024 Tacoma is a complete set of tools to keep you safe and aware while driving. Here you see dynamic cruise control & lane tracing in action at highway speeds! Remember, safety first while driving and not a substitute for paying attention while driving!

Sponsored

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium
The adaptive cruise control has to be one of my favorite tech features. Coming from an older 2018 car with no carplay and limited technology I didn't think much of it at first, but now I use it 90% of the time.

It completely changes the driving experience for me. I'm not fatigued after long drives, it keeps driving fun when I want it to be and less of a chore especially in heavy traffic.

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The adaptive cruise control has to be one of my favorite tech features. Coming from an older 2018 car with no carplay and limited technology I didn't think much of it at first, but now I use it 90% of the time.

It completely changes the driving experience for me. I'm not fatigued after long drives, it keeps driving fun when I want it to be and less of a chore especially in heavy traffic.
Thanks for your comment and agree! I have had similar systems on past cars but not on my Tacomas and this is really done well on the new Tacoma!

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
The only complaint I have with it is the level of hands on interaction required. Its not enough to have your hands on the wheel. It will still complain and require some level of manual steering input after 20-30 seconds or it will disengage.

It is a very good system but like most things Toyota they tend to go a little overboard on safety sometimes. My observation is based on the system in my wife's vehicle and others I have had with lane tracing technology.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma TRD
The only complaint I have with it is the level of hands on interaction required. Its not enough to have your hands on the wheel. It will still complain and require some level of manual steering input after 20-30 seconds or it will disengage.
I have a friend that hangs a weight on the steering wheel, just enough to prevent the warning. My wife's Rav4Prime was just slightly enough out of alignment for a while that it always wanted to steer to the right- that also kept it from triggering the warning.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
I have a friend that hangs a weight on the steering wheel, just enough to prevent the warning. My wife's Rav4Prime was just slightly enough out of alignment for a while that it always wanted to steer to the right- that also kept it from triggering the warning.
[/
Hmm that seems pretty dangerous If you needed to take control in an emergency. Also who drives around with and out of alignment vehicle that pulls one direction or another just so lane centering doesn't prompt for you to provide steering input. The weight hanging is kinda funny but completely stupid at the same time.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma TRD
Hmm that seems pretty dangerous If you needed to take control in an emergency. Also who drives around with and out of alignment vehicle that pulls one direction or another just so lane centering doesn't prompt for you to provide steering input. The weight hanging is kinda funny but completely stupid at the same time.
Didn't say the weight was smart, just that it happens, and some people are lazy. Didn't have time to get the alignment done before a surprise cross country drive- tires were at 75k anyway, they got replaced the next week, just a happy little coincidence.

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Limited Taco, ‘17 ORP 4Runner, ‘18 RAV4
The Lane Tracing was the best surprise. I’ve seen so many pictures and videos, I kind of knew what everything was except for that. Very pleasantly surprised.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I never heard it called Lane tracing before. Always heard it called Lane keeping assistant. Every day I drive my truck, I think how much nicer it is than any of the Ford Rangers, F150s, and Colorados I've had and me wife's Honda CRV's. It's just so awesome!

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
My 2018 VW Tiguan R-Line had most of this tech. I turned most off but loved the adaptive cruise control.

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never heard it called Lane tracing before. Always heard it called Lane keeping assistant. Every day I drive my truck, I think how much nicer it is than any of the Ford Rangers, F150s, and Colorados I've had and me wife's Honda CRV's. It's just so awesome!
There is lane tracing with driving assist in Safety sense 3.0. It also has lane departure alert which just beeps if you change lanes without signaling. Lots of features working together to make this Tacoma the funnest yet to drive! It is a huge upgrade over gen 3 Tacomas and you don't realize it until you experience it!

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
My 2012 Genesis R-Spec had adaptive cruise, and other than a MINI I owned for a couple of years, my two other cars also had it. There’s just no going back to the old cruise system. Not having to worry about your car speeding out of control on downhills is a big plus also.

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd w/upgrade
I am only a few hundred miles into my Taco, but I found a pretty cool feature about the adaptive cruise control. I was in stop n go traffic, creeping along 5 mph or so, probably 10 feet behind the car in front of me, and I was able to activate cruise control. It maintained the 10 feet at slow speeds, and only shut off after coming to a complete stop after a few seconds. All it took was a tiny tap of the gas pedal to resume it. As the speeds increased, so did the following distance. Super stoked about this feature as I am often in bad traffic.