Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
My Canadian dealer just emailed me to come in and select my package!
I'm getting ready to march down and pull my deposit with ny dealer. Texting back and forth they couldn't even find out who my sales guy was, said they'd get him to contact me and I still never heard anything, over 4 days now. Starting to wonder if they want the sale or not, because I'm sure the dealership 4 hours away will.
Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
My Canadian dealer just emailed me to come in and select my package!
Awesome! Got a good dealer to work with in YYC? Not really familiar with the Toyota dealers here, Iā€™d otherwise just plan to go to the one closest to my house.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Awesome! Got a good dealer to work with in YYC? Not really familiar with the Toyota dealers here, Iā€™d otherwise just plan to go to the one closest to my house.
I haven't ever purchased a Toyota in the past, so I am not going to recommend the one I'm currently working with, but my in-laws have had good luck with Stampede.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I haven't ever purchased a Toyota in the past, so I am not going to recommend the one I'm currently working with, but my in-laws have had good luck with Stampede.
Thanks for the tip!

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
No Bronze Oxide for the TRD Off Road? šŸ‘Ž. Will that be true for America too? Maybe the hybrid version will have it. My current Tacoma is ā€œPyrite Micaā€ and I love it - Bronze Oxide looks nearly identical. Maybe Iā€™ll just need to get the silly hood scoop and bouncy seats to get the good color.

Newtacointown

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Might be a stupid question but never ordered a new vehicle before or a Toyota truck. Iā€™m leaning to the regular off road to get the 6 foot bed but a couple of features on the other trims intrigue me like wireless charging, 360 camera and upgraded sound system. Could any of these features be added as a single add on option to the regular off road trim or are you stuck with getting everything the premium off road or sport + has if you want a few of the extras? Also adding to the disappointment of no Bronze Oxide in the off road trim. Guess Iā€™m looking at the underground colour.

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Might be a stupid question but never ordered a new vehicle before or a Toyota truck. Iā€™m leaning to the regular off road to get the 6 foot bed but a couple of features on the other trims intrigue me like wireless charging, 360 camera and upgraded sound system. Could any of these features be added as a single add on option to the regular off road trim or are you stuck with getting everything the premium off road or sport + has if you want a few of the extras? Also adding to the disappointment of no Bronze Oxide in the off road trim. Guess Iā€™m looking at the underground colour.
You'll almost certainly have to go for a trim/option package to get what you want. Nobody does much with a la carte options in the mainstream market these days; almost everything is locked into packages and trim levels.

With Toyota, it gets even more difficult than some: you can't do a true custom order. You'll tell your dealer what you want and they'll look at available allocations and try to get as close as possible. So decide which things you have to have and be prepared to end up with something that might have extra options or might not have everything you wanted. Maybe have a couple colors in mind and a couple option levels.

CrunchyTaco

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 4Runner
Waiting forever for this new Tacoma to come, never a fan of the current generation, so I waited, saved more nickels. All I want is a manual transmission with extended cab and 6ft bed, OR over Sport. I was so excited to see the extra cab at the launch back in May. Of course I forgot that I live in this stupid country that gets shafted by almost every car manufacturer that I like. USA will get every conceivable configuration possible, probably more ext/int colors, more luxury, more tech, 2wd even. And a reported starting price of USD$28k. Bet my left ball joint we canā€™t get into the base SR5 seat for under CAD$46k. Now I gotta go look at a Ford Ranger.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Waiting forever for this new Tacoma to come, never a fan of the current generation, so I waited, saved more nickels. All I want is a manual transmission with extended cab and 6ft bed, OR over Sport. I was so excited to see the extra cab at the launch back in May. Of course I forgot that I live in this stupid country that gets shafted by almost every car manufacturer that I like. USA will get every conceivable configuration possible, probably more ext/int colors, more luxury, more tech, 2wd even. And a reported starting price of USD$28k. Bet my left ball joint we canā€™t get into the base SR5 seat for under CAD$46k. Now I gotta go look at a Ford Ranger.
Sr5 seems to be on lower end, maybe lower middle. I would expect 34-36k starting, maybe fully loaded for around 40-42k. I doubt you'll be able to pick up a ranger, equivalent, for less than 45k. This is speculation tho, probably won't have anything concrete till later next month

Afrinadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
My dealer called today, they got their allottment (I think that's the right term) so wanted my configuration. They said they expect delivery in January or February.

I ordered the TRD Off Road Premium with 5ft bed in Solar Octane as my 1st colour choice and Blue Crush Metallic as the 2nd. Knowing Toyota doesn't build to order I wanted to keep it a little flexible.

They didn't have pricing yet but he was pretty certain it's going up about $3,000 CAD over the 2023 price.
(If worst comes to worst though I still have the option to cancel with a full refund in writing)

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD
When I put my name in for the Tacoma back in Augustish I told the sales guy more about the tacoma than he seemed to know so I don't really put my faith into anything sales guys say šŸ˜‚ Wonder if he meant Toyota's making a "confidential" announcement to dealers.
It has always been my experience that I know more than the sales people. (Going back decades) šŸ˜‚šŸ¤”

You will learn so much more in this forum than a showroom.

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD
I feel your pain. Nissan played it the opposite way. They offer the Frontier King cab in pro4X trim in Canada but not the US.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Getting excited to possibly get my first Toyota. Any dealer suggestions for the BC Mainland? Can travel a bit if a good one is further away.
From past experience I know Toyota sales/dealers are a bit obnoxious and not the best service, as I am sure there is good ones too. Theyā€™ve really fixed what I didnā€™t like about the previous gen, namely the cab design that dates back to 2005.
Sponsored

Last edited: