Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tacoma4g.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
We just got our best look yet at the overhauled 2024 Toyota Tacoma in its more humble base SR5 trim level. The initial launch images have focused on the higher Tacoma variants—namely the TRD models and the new Trailhunter trim—so seeing this black SR5 gives us a slightly new perspective.

It’s our first real-world look at the grille design specific to the SR-badged Tacomas, attached to a Double Cab body and its 5-foot bed.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma SR5 Base Trim First Real-Life Sighting 2024-tacoma-sr5-spied-first-time-real-life-1
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma SR5 Base Trim First Real-Life Sighting 2024-tacoma-sr5-spied-first-time-real-life-2
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma SR5 Base Trim First Real-Life Sighting 2024-tacoma-sr5-spied-first-time-real-life-3
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma SR5 Base Trim First Real-Life Sighting 2024-tacoma-sr5-spied-first-time-real-life-4
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma SR5 Base Trim First Real-Life Sighting 2024-tacoma-sr5-spied-first-time-real-life-5
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma SR5 Base Trim First Real-Life Sighting 2024-tacoma-sr5-spied-first-time-real-life-6
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma SR5 Base Trim First Real-Life Sighting 2024-tacoma-sr5-spied-first-time-real-life-7
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma SR5 Base Trim First Real-Life Sighting 2024-tacoma-sr5-spied-first-time-real-life-8
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma SR5 Base Trim First Real-Life Sighting 2024-tacoma-sr5-spied-first-time-real-life-9
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma SR5 Base Trim First Real-Life Sighting 2024-tacoma-sr5-spied-first-time-real-life-10
Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I was just saying how I'd like to see how black looks on these new gens as I love the murdered out look, but I hate how hard they are to keep clean. Guess someone's been listening.

Now if they would just reveal the second most wanted trim TRD Offroad that would be fantastic. I got $1000 down on a truck I have yet to even see lol. I get trying to hype up their two most valued trim model's but I can almost guarantee most people are waiting and more excited to see the TRD OR.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Thanks for these.... this is most likely the trim I would be getting so nice to see however I am hoping for a SX black wheel option.

TACOMA4G24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLANK
With how nice the SR5 looks, I may just get an SR with a manual and call it good. The current gen SR and SR5 don't look that different except for different wheels, so hopefully this applies to 4th gen as well.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
With how nice the SR5 looks, I may just get an SR with a manual and call it good. The current gen SR and SR5 don't look that different except for different wheels, so hopefully this applies to 4th gen as well.
The big difference will be the coil vs leaf rear suspension. will Have to see pricing to decide on trim. That 6spd SR might be a super bargain.

TACOMA4G24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLANK
The big difference will be the coil vs leaf rear suspension. will Have to see pricing to decide on trim. That 6spd SR might be a super bargain.
That is true, in terms of looks of the body it should be the same though. I am also hoping that the 6spd SR is a super bargain and that dealerships will receive quite a few of them to meet demand.

joewitafro

First Name
joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 honda civic 1.5l turbo, 95 lexus sc300 turbo
These photos really make the rear window stand out, and I do not like it. Far too small, I would have rather a larger manual slide/lock like the older pickups. Sadly I don't think any models come without it.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These photos really make the rear window stand out, and I do not like it. Far too small, I would have rather a larger manual slide/lock like the older pickups. Sadly I don't think any models come without it.
I personally never have used those windows so I would rather not have it, but I wonder if it's some type of option package since this truck has fog lamps also and the pic on toyotas site for the SR5 doesn't show foglamps....

joewitafro

First Name
joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 honda civic 1.5l turbo, 95 lexus sc300 turbo
I personally never have used those windows so I would rather not have it, but I wonder if it's some type of option package since this truck has fog lamps also and the pic on toyotas site for the SR5 doesn't show foglamps....
If we could get a bare-bones SR5 4x4 without that little rear window I think that would be the ticket! Especially if we could find one with a trailer package or possible sway-bar disconnect. I'm itching for a configurator!

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma SR5 Base Trim First Real-Life Sighting Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 11.42.21 AM

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
That is true, in terms of looks of the body it should be the same though. I am also hoping that the 6spd SR is a super bargain and that dealerships will receive quite a few of them to meet demand.
Right now Toyota gets about $1800 for the auto trans. Hopefully dropping the auto from the SR will keep the starti price the same- as long as they actually offer an SR 4wd MT Crew (They haven’t committed to exact configurations).

kbreese72

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 SCrew 4x4
Agreed! I don't understand the point of that little portal. Who designed it and who signed off on it!? I'd love to hear their reasoning.

JimS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 ID.4, 15 Sienna
Seems decent. '24 Tacoma is kind of ugly to me with all those creased body panels and giant chin spoiler, but oh well, that just seems to be Toyota's style anymore. The little rear window needs to just be a larger manual window. That cab spoiler seems like a hassle if you want a canopy.

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Caravan
Right now Toyota gets about $1800 for the auto trans. Hopefully dropping the auto from the SR will keep the starti price the same- as long as they actually offer an SR 4wd MT Crew (They haven’t committed to exact configurations).
I may be misunderstanding things, but doesn't the manual also require the upgraded engine over the base engine?

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may be misunderstanding things, but doesn't the manual also require the upgraded engine over the base engine?
My understanding is any manual no matter what comes with the 270HP version of the engine. The SR Automatic is the only one that has the 228HP version. SR5 and above (non Hybrid) with Auto has the 278HP version. Can't remember the torque numbers without looking again.

I think that is correct but if not, someone will chime in and correct it.

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Caravan
My understanding is any manual no matter what comes with the 270HP version of the engine. The SR Automatic is the only one that has the 228HP version. SR5 and above (non Hybrid) with Auto has the 278HP version. Can't remember the torque numbers without looking again.

I think that is correct but if not, someone will chime in and correct it.
Yeah, that's what I mean, I assume they'll treat the iForce turbo as an upgrade option.

Believe me, I'm pulling for the SR manual to be a cheap option. I had previously ordered a 2023 Maverick, but it isn't getting built, and 2024 prices put it right in the area of 2023 Tacoma prices.

Even if the Tacoma goes up a couple thousand I'd still pick it as a better option for a similar price to the Maverick.
Sponsored