Sponsored

4k miles: Grille shutter, Drive start control, check engine light, system malfunction

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
I'm a bit surprised they can't bypass the issue, locking the shutters in the open position, and let the owners keep their vehicles until the parts arrive.
Im waiting on parts for over 2 weeks. I drive mine daily with no issues. The dealer actually recommended it rather than keeping it on their lot to get dinged or hailed on. The only issue is the warning messages in the center display. I just ignore it. Several features don't work like emergency braking and cruise control, lane centering. Oddly the lane departure still works.
Sponsored

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
Im waiting on parts for over 2 weeks. I drive mine daily with no issues. The dealer actually recommended it rather than keeping it on their lot to get dinged or hailed on. The only issue is the warning messages in the center display. I just ignore it. Several features don't work like emergency braking and cruise control, lane centering. Oddly the lane departure still works.
Me to at this point I just keep driving it. I’m just going to call Monday before I even consider going in

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'm a bit surprised they can't bypass the issue, locking the shutters in the open position, and let the owners keep their vehicles until the parts arrive.
This. The shutters ain't even shut which is more annoying, they're stuck open. If I knew unplugging the sensor would trick the system I'd do it for the time being. I have a two hour drive to do tomorrow and it's going to be hell on my legs with no cruise.

Back to the older days! lol

RFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road (soon)
Well I did my first drove through car wash today. Here's to hoping no shutter issues.

Last edited:

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
There seems to be many issues in several toyota models with the grill shutters. Toyota engineers should look at why this issue is happening and fix it. There is too many hours being lost with people in their new trucks to have this issue happen with each new model. I realize you can still drive the truck but will not have all the features it should have.

I have had my truck since sine Feb 16 and have not had the issue yet, but probably will. Annoying!

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
There seems to be many issues in several toyota models with the grill shutters. Toyota engineers should look at why this issue is happening and fix it. There is too many hours being lost with people in their new trucks to have this issue happen with each new model. I realize you can still drive the truck but will not have all the features it should have.

I have had my truck since sine Feb 16 and have not had the issue yet, but probably will. Annoying!

Very annoying. I have a feeling Toyota will never issue a recall for this as it's not a safety issue in any way shape or form. Hopefully they'll atleast soon realize it's a big enough issue with all builds and stock pile the part so we're not all waiting a month for inventory.

ruggedco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off road
Has anyone got the shutter in for their truck? They told me last week 3-5 days. This week they said it's backordered and expected April 25th. :mad:

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
Mine so far has lasted little longer. Also found the sensor from a video posted. Made sure was clipped in all the way
Can you link this video? Seems to me a heavy coating of dialectric grease would be a good idea.

OP
OP

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
Has anyone got the shutter in for their truck? They told me last week 3-5 days. This week they said it's backordered and expected April 25th. :mad:
"The unrestricted" on YouTube got his truck fixed 3 days after complaining to corporate.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to my dealer mine is being shipped from California with an ETA of this week. Dealer also mentioned they have to provide the trucks VIN before Toyota will ship it. We shall see....

ruggedco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off road
According to my dealer mine is being shipped from California with an ETA of this week. Dealer also mentioned they have to provide the trucks VIN before Toyota will ship it. We shall see....
That's great... good luck. How long have you already been waiting? Two weeks?

Yeah the dealer said they had to take a pictures and submit it to Toyota for approval to send the part. Must be really scarce.

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
I've got 3550 open on mine, about 2200 miles and haven't had a problem yet🤞. How can you tell if it's even working. My grills are always open. I've started it in the morning, it's parked outside in near zero temperatures and when I start it the grills remain open. Maybe they open when driving??? No warnings on dash so I need to assume they're working but it would be nice to know if they didn't just unhook it during the "QC" hold.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's great... good luck. How long have you already been waiting? Two weeks?

Yeah the dealer said they had to take a pictures and submit it to Toyota for approval to send the part. Must be really scarce.
My replacement shutter was ordered 3/20.

ruggedco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off road
I've got 3550 open on mine, about 2200 miles and haven't had a problem yet🤞. How can you tell if it's even working. My grills are always open. I've started it in the morning, it's parked outside in near zero temperatures and when I start it the grills remain open. Maybe they open when driving??? No warnings on dash so I need to assume they're working but it would be nice to know if they didn't just unhook it during the "QC" hold.
If it's not working you'll know it. You'll get a grille shutter, drive start control, and sometimes a ultrasonic range error.
Sponsored