Sponsored

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Things that I think could be improved on the 2024 Tacoma Off Road...

1. Larger Fuel Tank! Went from 21.1 to 18.1 or three gallons less. It is more efficient, but would have loved to see a 400 mile range on the new Tacoma

2. Rear Air Vents- I do not usually have anyone in back, but my pup is sometimes back there and a bit of air would help out, especially in hot states

3. Rear seat leg room! I am not positive, but I think it is less than the gen 3

4. Rear seat pull down console- Rear seaters get no love in the Taco!

5. More behind seat storage or under seat storage. It is sparse! The JBL sub woofer takes up too much storage space behind the rear seat! Hybrids will have no under rear seat storage

6. Tailgate or bed storage area. Nothing huge, just to store a air compressor, tow strap, tools

7. Bumper step or built in bed step. The tailgate is up higher than the Gen 3

8. A pillar or overhead handle for the driver

Anyone have other thoughts for improvements? Don't get me wrong, the Gen 4 is a vast improvement in my opinion, but these are just some of my thoughts after 10 days with my new Tacoma
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
Things that I think could be improved on the 2024 Tacoma Off Road...

1. Larger Fuel Tank! Went from 21.1 to 18.1 or three gallons less. It is more efficient, but would have loved to see a 400 mile range on the new Tacoma

2. Rear Air Vents- I do not usually have anyone in back, but my pup is sometimes back there and a bit of air would help out, especially in hot states

3. Rear seat leg room! I am not positive, but I think it is less than the gen 3

4. Rear seat pull down console- Rear seaters get no love in the Taco!

5. More behind seat storage or under seat storage. It is sparse! The JBL sub woofer takes up too much storage space behind the rear seat! Hybrids will have no under rear seat storage

6. Tailgate or bed storage area. Nothing huge, just to store a air compressor, tow strap, tools

7. Bumper step or built in bed step. The tailgate is up higher than the Gen 3

8. A pillar or overhead handle for the driver

Anyone have other thoughts for improvements? Don't get me wrong, the Gen 4 is a vast improvement in my opinion, but these are just some of my thoughts after 10 days with my new Tacoma
Only 2 things in your list that I wish they did was a larger fuel tank and bumper step (you can get a drop down step for $455, but how hard would it be for Toyota to put a step on either side of the bumper).

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only 2 things in your list that I wish they did was a larger fuel tank and bumper step (you can get a drop down step for $455, but how hard would it be for Toyota to put a step on either side of the bumper).
Agree on the built in step. I will most likely get a drop down step when the after market steps come out. I had one in my amazon cart for $70 for my 2023 3rd gen before I gave it to my son and traded his 2019. No way am I paying $400+ for a step. Toyota already made enough on the truck I bought! Also I just ordered the OEM bed mat for $144 from a local dealer, Longo Toyota of Prosper.

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
Good price on the bed mat (it's listed at $200 on the accessories page on the configurator and that's the only accessory I put on my build), and yes, waiting for the aftermarket steps is a wise move; I can keep a 2 step folding "ladder" behind the front seat before I'd spend $455 on a step!

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
...only a couple weeks in, but what is your range on a single fillup?

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...only a couple weeks in, but what is your range on a single fillup?
Still on the original tank of gas from the dealer. Going into reserve in 2 miles. Going for 350 on this tank. Currently at about 19.5 mpg all in city & ECO mode.

2024 Tacoma After 10 days with my 2024 Tacoma Off-Road --- things that could be improved... 2024Taco2miles

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Still on the original tank of gas from the dealer. Going into reserve in 2 miles. Going for 350 on this tank. Currently at about 19.5 mpg all in city & ECO mode.
Nice. 350mi between fillups not too shabby

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
It’s closer to 250-260 without babying it.

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you hit 0 miles remaining the gauge just says refuel in red. I estimate I have 2+ gallons left from that point. Currently at 335 miles. Carrying about two gallons in a gas tank just in case. Once I hit 350 miles I will top off and see how much fuel she takes and subtract from 18.1 gallon which is the capacity of the tank.

This tank was done in ECO and the next will be in Normal mode.

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First tank fill up today. Hit 350 miles on my first tank in ECO mode. Odometer had 350.1 miles and it took 17.63 gallons for 19.85 mpg all city driving. The truck showed 19.6 MPG. With a 18.1 gallon tank that means I had about 1/2 a gallon left in the tank. The mileage remaining feature said 0 refuel at 325 miles so I went another 25 miles on refuel light. I reset the trip A and mpg setting and will do this tank on Normal Mode. I filled to the first click, wait 30 seconds and then fill till it clicks again.

2024 Tacoma After 10 days with my 2024 Tacoma Off-Road --- things that could be improved... 24Taco350miles

2024 Tacoma After 10 days with my 2024 Tacoma Off-Road --- things that could be improved... 24TacoFillup.JPG

apryakhin

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
@Planoman I like your silver color with black badges. It gives it an awesome contrast. Have you figured out any bed cover yet on on your truck? If you feel like you need one in general.

Agree with all the points even though I am pretty happy with my truck. I would say they need to improve MPG..so far I am getting 19.4 on my truck after 600 miles.

CharvoniaDesign

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane TRD OffRoad, 1987 FJ60
First tank fill up today. Hit 350 miles on my first tank in ECO mode. Odometer had 350.1 miles and it took 17.63 gallons for 19.85 mpg all city driving. The truck showed 19.6 MPG. With a 18.1 gallon tank that means I had about 1/2 a gallon left in the tank. The mileage remaining feature said 0 refuel at 325 miles so I went another 25 miles on refuel light. I reset the trip A and mpg setting and will do this tank on Normal Mode. I filled to the first click, wait 30 seconds and then fill till it clicks again.

24Taco350miles.jpg

24TacoFillup.JPG
Very methodical, I like it. Are you an engineer by chance?