Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It’s closer to 250-260 without babying it.
Huh? They said they are getting 19mpg... What does babying it have to do with anything?

250 miles divided by the size of the tank is like 14mpg...

Stop believing the Tacomas estimated range via the computer. The range increases drastically as you drive and TRD Jon has shown as much
Sponsored

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
@Planoman I like your silver color with black badges. It gives it an awesome contrast. Have you figured out any bed cover yet on on your truck? If you feel like you need one in general.

Agree with all the points even though I am pretty happy with my truck. I would say they need to improve MPG..so far I am getting 19.4 on my truck after 600 miles.
Thanks! I have not figured out which bed cover I like yet. She is in an inside the garage truck, but will wait to see what comes out for the 4th gen.

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very methodical, I like it. Are you an engineer by chance?
Not an engineer. Spent a long career in sales management for Pharma companies. Guided my son to become an engineer! He is currently in his first year at Texas A&M. He is looking at computer or electrical engineering. How about you?

Last edited:

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
Huh? They said they are getting 19mpg... What does babying it have to do with anything?

Stop believing the Tacomas estimated range via the computer. The range increases drastically as you drive and TRD Jon has shown as much
Tank size has no part of the calculation for fuel economy. Fill it up, drive and fill up again. Divide the number of miles between fill-ups by the number of gallons it took.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)

I don’t have mine in hand yet, but the guys from TFL off-road were saying they were getting around 260 per tank on average through a variety of driving conditions.

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That's why I call it the fuel guessometer. One nice thing is you can have your trip A & trip B displayed at the same time if you wish. I use my trip A for my fuel tank milage and trip B for any trips I want to track.

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have mine in hand yet, but the guys from TFL off-road were saying they were getting around 260 per tank on average through a variety of driving conditions.
When I just filled up the estimated mileage for the truck said 275. I know it will do about 325 or so in normal mode in city driving, no towing etc. That is running the tank to about an 8th of a tank.

I usually fill up before that. If I am at 1/4 to 1/2 tank and making a Costco run anyway, I will usually fill up. I just wanted to have some limits in my mind about what this truck could get when pushed.

Last edited:

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
When I just filled up the estimated mileage for the truck said 275. I know it will do about 325 or so in normal mode in city driving, no towing etc. That is running the tank to about an 8th of a tank.

I usually fill up before that. If I am at 1/4 to 1/2 tank and making a Costco run anyway, I will usually fill up. I just wanted to have some limits in my mind about what this truck could get when pushed.
Right, that's what I was trying to point out. The MPG range estimation on fill up seems drastically under estimated lol. Not a very good "estimate" :p

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sure, they also have been towing and off-roading with it. I think their definition of variety of conditions is a little different than most, but we will see when more reports come in.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD

I typically state that I babied it when describing my MPG when trying to squeeze every last bit of MPG out of my car. Baby means being as smooth as possible on the throttle. It looks like my commute of mixed freeway and surface streets equals around 20.2MPG and a range of ~300 miles. I did squeak out 325 last week on a trip with 6 miles or reported range left. I will be filling up again Tomorrow morning and will report in the MPG page again. The sport mode is fun and has decent throttle response which will effect your MPGs.

OP
OP
Planoman

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I typically state that I babied it when describing my MPG when trying to squeeze every last bit of MPG out of my car. Baby means being as smooth as possible on the throttle. It looks like my commute of mixed freeway and surface streets equals around 20.2MPG and a range of ~300 miles. I did squeak out 325 last week on a trip with 6 miles or reported range left. I will be filling up again Tomorrow morning and will report in the MPG page again. The sport mode is fun and has decent throttle response which will effect your MPGs.
I definitely drove it in Eco mode like I was trying to save fuel. No fast starts etc. Driving normally in Normal mode. Not punching it from a start, but it does go a bit quicker from a start in Normal vs ECO modes.