Sponsored

April around the corner. Where are Hybrid, TRD Pro and TH?

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
So the hybrid, TRD Pro and Trailhunters were supposed to be released in April. It's March 30th, and no words on price, exact availability or MPG.
What's going on? There must be one person on this forum that works for Toyota corporate or knows someone who do and could tell us something?

I am on the verge of getting a Tundra at this point. I was not holding my breath because with a $54K TRD Offroad, when adding Hybrid + all the goodies I am expecting the TH to be above $60K and the thing is a brand new Tundra Limited + off road package + premium package + options is $64K, and with current discount at my dealership it's $59K.
Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
I feel your pain. Waiting on TRD OR hybrid, but any time I see a Tundra Limited OR, it makes me question my choice. I don't really want a full size, but the price is so similar..

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
Rumor has it there is a media 1st drive event next weekend. That doesn't necessarily mean we'll be getting MSRP and MPG at that time, but I doubt they will wait too much longer to release the pricing. I've been on the list for a Trailhunter since last spring and a few months ago my dealer sent me an email claiming that he did not expect I would be seeing my truck until summer at the earliest, but I haven't really heard anything to that effect online, and I don't know what info that was based on. In my experience, the guys on the waitlists know more about these trucks and what's going on with them than the dealers.

Wukong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Rumor has it there is a media 1st drive event next weekend. That doesn't necessarily mean we'll be getting MSRP and MPG at that time, but I doubt they will wait too much longer to release the pricing. I've been on the list for a Trailhunter since last spring and a few months ago my dealer sent me an email claiming that he did not expect I would be seeing my truck until summer at the earliest, but I haven't really heard anything to that effect online, and I don't know what info that was based on. In my experience, the guys on the waitlists know more about these trucks and what's going on with them than the dealers.
Yes, media drive for the Land Cruiser and Tacoma Hybrid next week.

Also confirmed here - 4Runner reveal is set for the media drive of the Land Cruiser, Tacoma iForce Max Hybrid.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
The new Landcruiser is starting to be allocated widely. Gotta mean the hybrids are coming soon.

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pricing, mpg and start of production is April.

Weā€™ve known this for many, many months now.

no one is behind. Be patient
We've known this for many, many months? The only thing that has been said publicly by Toyota was that hybrid production would begin in "spring." And there was never any announcement that pricing and MPG would be released when production started. The pricing of the non-hybrids was released months before they were available (and they are still delayed). There was no reason not to expect it would be announced sometime before production started. No dealer I've talked to has had a clue when Toyota was expected to reveal pricing or MPG, nor the precise release date, although my dealer did tell me not to expect anything before summer/fall. So to claim that it's been broadly known public knowledge that this would all come out in April is a bit of a stretch.

beungood

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited
My Buddy's kid is working at the dealer in the shop and bought a 2023 he warned me away from the new models coming out saying they are having alot of problems. He advised waiting on them.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
My Buddy's kid is working at the dealer in the shop and bought a 2023 he warned me away from the new models coming out saying they are having alot of problems. He advised waiting on them.
Realistically, this is common sense when dealing with any new generation. I had a couple minor hiccups with mine so far, but nothing that needed shop time. I'm sure some things will arise though. It was expected when I signed the papers.

Desert4G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
If they say April. It's always the last day of the monthish. Typical manufactures.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
So the hybrid, TRD Pro and Trailhunters were supposed to be released in April. It's March 30th, and no words on price, exact availability or MPG.
What's going on? There must be one person on this forum that works for Toyota corporate or knows someone who do and could tell us something?

I am on the verge of getting a Tundra at this point. I was not holding my breath because with a $54K TRD Offroad, when adding Hybrid + all the goodies I am expecting the TH to be above $60K and the thing is a brand new Tundra Limited + off road package + premium package + options is $64K, and with current discount at my dealership it's $59K.
looking at June before you see the first ones Iā€™d imagine. My premium OR was 54, I can imagine that a pro will be close to 70 after dealer markup. My dealer doesnā€™t do markups on anything else, but they do it on the proā€™s, so imagine it will be tough to find a place that doesnā€™t.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001

need to see those MPG numbers drop! The Tundra Limited is gonna be a nice rig but, that trim looks Cadillac-ish, not gonna age well. It should be on sale. Tundra TRD Pro looking the best in the full size but ā€¦thing is yuge

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Media drives are this coming weekend and into next week. That means full production trucks have been built, at least a few. That also means the factory is now set up to make more.

I could be totally wrong, but my guess to push the hybrids is we will see some Limited, TRD Pro, and Trail Hunter in hybrid first. After that, the TRD OR will start shipping.

Total assumption, but they have spent so much money advertising specifically the Trailhunter that they probably want to move as many as they can, before offering a less expensive version (TRD OR). Will they be stuck behind a QC hold or have those issues been resolved and they will move some hybrids to the front of the line? Who knows.

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Media drives are this coming weekend and into next week. That means full production trucks have been built, at least a few. That also means the factory is now set up to make more.

I could be totally wrong, but my guess to push the hybrids is we will see some Limited, TRD Pro, and Trail Hunter in hybrid first. After that, the TRD OR will start shipping.

Total assumption, but they have spent so much money advertising specifically the Trailhunter that they probably want to move as many as they can, before offering a less expensive version (TRD OR). Will they be stuck behind a QC hold or have those issues been resolved and they will move some hybrids to the front of the line? Who knows.
It is strange that nearly all of their ads have been showcasing the Pro or Trailhunter which aren't available yet, which has to be confusing for people who haven't been following all of this closely. Yeah, they're going to want to show the flashiest trucks in their ads, but I wonder if the dealers are tiring of explaining that these trucks aren't available yet, that they don't have pricing or release dates yet, etc. But maybe this means Toyota plans on cranking a lot of them out once production starts. The dealers I talked to have historically only gotten 2 TRD Pro Tacomas allotted to them a year, but it seems like a lot of hype to advertise a mere 2 trucks per dealership.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
It is strange that nearly all of their ads have been showcasing the Pro or Trailhunter which aren't available yet, which has to be confusing for people who haven't been following all of this closely. Yeah, they're going to want to show the flashiest trucks in their ads, but I wonder if the dealers are tiring of explaining that these trucks aren't available yet, that they don't have pricing or release dates yet, etc. But maybe this means Toyota plans on cranking a lot of them out once production starts. The dealers I talked to have historically only gotten 2 TRD Pro Tacomas allotted to them a year, but it seems like a lot of hype to advertise a mere 2 trucks per dealership.
Yea being an early July ā€˜23 TH long bed depositor at a smaller dealership in Colorado Iā€™m either getting a crazy early May delivery or January ā€˜24 lol. Iā€™m thinking the OR iForceMax will be the big production start this spring, have a feeling theyā€™ll have a bunch of these sitting on lots, better margins better demand if the MPG is superb. The PRO & TH lines will move slower but I hope Iā€™m wrong!
Sponsored