Sponsored

Are you aware of your surroundings?

Lando

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Oct 6, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
422
Reaction score
354
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR, 2021 VW Gti 6 spd
They do have a trailer brake controller on the dash with the right options. I think you mean an air to oil cooler, but it does have a liquid to liquid cooler.
In 2026 they added a TRD Off Road + model
that has a trailer brake controller. Before that it was only on models I didn’t want like the Sport Premium or the OR Premium which had a 5’ bed. Or the high end trims. They also added SR5+ that has it. Maybe in the next year or two I trade up to a OR+ model.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

TX-BluStreak

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Jun 27, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
234
Reaction score
254
Location
Houston
Vehicle(s)
25' TRD Pro - Underground
Is this a new feature? I don’t recall my ’25 TRD Pro ever doing this before. It only started after I got my truck back from the dealership, where they replaced the faulty equipment covered by the recent safety recall.

I assumed it was part of a software update, but it’s starting to annoy me. Every time I slow down or brake, the camera views pop up with the “Check your surroundings” message. I’ve gone through the settings but can’t figure out how to disable it. Has anyone else experienced this or found a way to turn it off?
 

rijc99

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 1, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
433
Reaction score
233
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
This is the on screen setting and hard button referenced above. The auto button on screen will stop it from switching according to speed. The view button will bring the screen back and allow you to toggle auto on or off.

2024 Tacoma Are you aware of  your surroundings? IMG_6736


2024 Tacoma Are you aware of  your surroundings? IMG_6735
 

bitflogger

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
401
Reaction score
357
Location
WI
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
In 2026 they added a TRD Off Road + model
that has it. Before that it was only on models I didn’t want like the Sport Premium or the OR Premium which had a 5’ bed. Or the high end trims. They also added SR5+ that has it. Maybe in the next year or two I trade up to a OR+ model.
Not for USA. I just looked at 2026 models, went through the packages, looked at my 2024 sticker, and it is pretty much the same. USA has the upgrade and premium packages.

Same revisit or look and other searches tell me it continues to use the same transmission introduced for the fourth generation in 2024, and same liquid-to-liquid coolers rather than a dedicated external air-to-liquid cooler for transmission.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Again, the USA Toyotas are what I have and looked at for 2026 changes.
 

Lando

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Oct 6, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
422
Reaction score
354
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR, 2021 VW Gti 6 spd
Not for USA. I just looked at 2026 models, went through the packages, looked at my 2024 sticker, and it is pretty much the same. USA has the upgrade and premium packages.

Same revisit or look and other searches tell me it continues to use the same transmission introduced for the fourth generation in 2024, and same liquid-to-liquid coolers rather than a dedicated external air-to-liquid cooler for transmission.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Again, the USA Toyotas are what I have and looked at for 2026 changes.
I was talking about the trailer brake controllers.
 

Sponsored

bitflogger

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
401
Reaction score
357
Location
WI
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I was talking about the trailer brake controllers.
For USA models that's same as since introduction of gen 4 as 2024 TRD OR models in upgrade or premium packages. SR-5 has it in that package too.

Somewhere here in old posts are some where owners were really angry when they realized too late they should have had those packages.
 

JoeMongo

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Jonathan
Joined
Oct 27, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
70
Reaction score
43
Location
SF Bay Area
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Offroad, Premium, MT
I ride motorcycles much more often than I drive my truck. My truck is an offroad premium so it has a shitload of electronical enhancements that I don't really like.

That said, as a moto rider, I am always away of everything going on around me, always, all the time.
j.
 

TX-BluStreak

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Jun 27, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
234
Reaction score
254
Location
Houston
Vehicle(s)
25' TRD Pro - Underground
This is the on screen setting and hard button referenced above. The auto button on screen will stop it from switching according to speed. The view button will bring the screen back and allow you to toggle auto on or off.

IMG_6736.webp


IMG_6735.webp
OMG, you're a godsent! I have to admit, it's a nifty feature, but that damn safety mumbo jumbo was getting on my last nerve. So glad I can finally turn it off! Thanks for the tip. :like:
 

franx

Limited
Well-known member
First Name
Frank
Joined
Jan 10, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
101
Reaction score
84
Location
Lehigh Valley, PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Tacoma Limited Hybrid
I use the cameras constantly and love the surround views. Saves me from curb rash when parking in tight spaces or smacking into something. Had that happen in a previous car at my works parking deck and hit a concrete pilar in my blind spot..ugh. No more with this surround view. I always get that option if available in my vehicles now that many have it.
Sponsored

 
 






Top