Sponsored

Jeeper Defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Jeep JT Gladiator
I don't check the site for one day and look what I missed šŸ¤£ This looks soooo good!!

Do we expect the Trailhunter to look more or less aggressive than this?

And wow noticed this thread's been viewed more than 70K times in less than a day. The new Tacoma's definitely hotly anticipated. šŸ”„
Sponsored

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
And of course the TRD Pro has street tires on it. The most Toyota thing Toyota does. They always love the street tries no matter the trim.

jmodz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma RC
Someone on Reddit actually did a 2023 Tundra with a Sequoia front end. It looks so much better.
IMG_9099.jpeg
I saw that on TW, I think it looks fantastic! Somebody posted this one a few days ago, and it also looks great with a winch bumper too.
2024 Tacoma Breaking: Leaked 2024 Tacoma image from Toyota Website!! 83565750-DE9A-4FBD-8CF3-2FD347E3A520

jmodz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma RC
And of course the TRD Pro has street tires on it. The most Toyota thing Toyota does. They always love the street tries no matter the trim.
From the teaser on 4/18 they actually look much more aggressive. There is some speculation that they are Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT's. If that is accurate the tread on those is much more aggressive than the kevlar wranglers on the 3rd gen.

As for the street tires I think Toyota correctly assumes that most people who really off-road will upgrade the tires no matter what they put on it. However, in todays market with the Bronco and ZR2, they likely felt more pressure to use a more aggressive tire.

2024 Tacoma Breaking: Leaked 2024 Tacoma image from Toyota Website!! Rear_Brakes

2024 Tacoma Breaking: Leaked 2024 Tacoma image from Toyota Website!! Wrangler_Territory_MT_24362

Chief18443

First Name
Christos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, dead chevy
Well, I hope I can get one. Been waiting, since October 2022! Spending my down-payment on crypto and commodities right now!

Last edited:

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
The MT on the Bronco are serious rock throwers and noisy. Iā€™d definitely be hoping for an AT tire.

D10S86

First Name
Chello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I personally love the pizza cutter tires on trucks. Awhile back I found a video showing some old land rovers taking on all sorts of mud and rock in skinny tires and supposedly the skinny tires are actually much better than thicker knobbier tires. Iā€™ll have to keep looking for the video but donā€™t sleep on pizza cuttersā€¦

Reactions: DHH

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I personally love the pizza cutter tires on trucks. Awhile back I found a video showing some old land rovers taking on all sorts of mud and rock in skinny tires and supposedly the skinny tires are actually much better than thicker knobbier tires. Iā€™ll have to keep looking for the video but donā€™t sleep on pizza cuttersā€¦
we arenā€™t talking pizza cutters we are talking street tires. Hopefully, what the above commenter said and it will some type of off road tire.

tacogarage

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd and 2nd Gen Taco
I canā€™t be the only one to notice that the fender flares look like they are widened for the pro. all previous generations have the wider flares on higher trims but the flares on this one seem to stick out A LOT comprared to all previous Generations, I think the Tacoma trd Pro is getting some real (ford raptor level) upgrades this year, mid travel? Long travel? Fenders look at least an inch wider than what tacos currently have.

Last edited:

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I'd love to get a set of pizza cutters also. They work great on snowy roads, and even better when it gets slushy. Unfortunately, they aren't easy to find. AFAIK, none of the big tire manufactures make them anymore

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I canā€™t be the only one to notice that the fender flares look like they are widened for the pro. all previous generations have the wider flares on higher trims but the flares on this one seem to stick out A LOT comprared to all previous Generations, I think the Tacoma trd Pro is getting some real (ford raptor level) upgrades this year, mid travel? Long travel? Fenders look at least an inch wider than what tacos currently have.
Iā€™ve wondered that as well. A long travel setup would make sense for both Pro and TH for articulation to be more competitive, and it would allow larger tires. Iā€™m not going to hold my breath on it but it would be incredible to have a truck designed with long travel from the factory. It would mean you could get and hold a decent alignment.

Jeeper Defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Jeep JT Gladiator
I'd love to get a set of pizza cutters also. They work great on snowy roads, and even better when it gets slushy. Unfortunately, they aren't easy to find. AFAIK, none of the big tire manufactures make them anymore
Count me in as fan of pizza cutters. Definitely swimming against the tide tho with today's bigger+wider tires are best approach.