Sponsored

First mods for your 2024 Tacoma 4th gen?

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
I ripped out the plastic inner on my old '05 X-Runner and it became functional. It would vent under hood hot air out at stop lights or when parking. Functional.

Plan on looking at the TRD Sport I have coming in some day to do the same, if I can?

2024 Tacoma First mods for your 2024 Tacoma 4th gen? thumbnail_125
Sponsored

joemysterio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
Lots of good plans ladies and gents! So on the ORP I'm after, I'm definitely upgrading tires to Wildpeak A/T4W's, PRO grille, wrap the roof black to be twins with my wife's RAV4, maybe a tri-fold Tonneau cover. And of course recovery gear.

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V
We have a lot of snow in winter and fog all the other seasons so I like the Diode Dynamics SS3 Amber lights with the hood mounts. The bed mat and some version of running boards or side steps too.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Also, it may take some time to get accurate measurements, but I'm hoping I can put in a 32G tank from the Tundra. Supposed to be the same frame, but shorter, and they look very similar visually.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Also, it may take some time to get accurate measurements, but I'm hoping I can put in a 32G tank from the Tundra. Supposed to be the same frame, but shorter, and they look very similar visually.
Serious question: how hard is to recalibrate the fuel gauge after a tank upgrade?

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Serious question: how hard is to recalibrate the fuel gauge after a tank upgrade?
Well, that's a good question. I'd image the gauge should be reasonably accurate, but the DTE would be off. The ECU is supposed to figure it out over time, but you may have to calculate your own mileage. It'll probably think you get like 70mpg. I'm going to ask my Toyota contact if it can be reprogrammed.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Well, that's a good question. I'd image the gauge should be reasonably accurate, but the DTE would be off. The ECU is supposed to figure it out over time, but you may have to calculate your own mileage. It'll probably think you get like 70mpg. I'm going to ask my Toyota contact if it can be reprogrammed.
I would think the fuel mileage would be calculated based on the injector duty cycle rather than the tank level, in which case it would be unaffected by the size of tank.

memofor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
can anyone confirm that the lug nuts on the 2024 Tacoma are now the same as the Tundra 14mmx1.5 ?

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
OEM side steps and OEM bed mat are in my browser bookmarks already. But also watching for aftermarket parts alternatives.

OEM Predator Side Steps:
https://theyotagarage.com/products/toyota-oem-black-predator-side-steps-2024-toyota-tacoma

OEM Bed Mat:
https://theyotagarage.com/products/toyota-oem-bed-mat-2024-toyota-tacoma
I ordered the bed mat from a local dealer online. Longo Toyota of Prosper for $144. They said it would be here this past week but it didn't come in yet. Hopefully next week.

update: apparently the bed mats were on back order and finally got my bed mat- short bed. They took an additional $10 off for the delay.

2024 Tacoma First mods for your 2024 Tacoma 4th gen? IMG_7701

Last edited:

Toy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I ordered the bed mat from a local dealer online. Longo Toyota of Prosper for $144. They said it would be here this past week but it didn't come in yet. Hopefully next week.
Can you please provide the part number for the bed mat for a short bed 2024 Tacoma?

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Can you please provide the part number for the bed mat for a short bed 2024 Tacoma?
Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
PT318-35240-02​
Taco Bedmat Short Be​
$144.00​
1​
$144.00​

JT michigan

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma TRD
1. Well, I don't think the TRD OR comes with an Air Dam, but if I end up picking the sport, it will come off immediately.

2. Tires. I work for Goodyear so they will swap out the stock tires for any Goodyear Tire for free. Probably get Duratrac RT. Maybe Territory, but the RTs have better pavement manners.

3. Decked System - Probably going to add the Decked System. If not, BakFlip Revolver Tonneau cover.

4. TRD PRO Grill w/ light bar.

5. Wheels: I don't like the Silver ring around those wheels. Can't imagine why they didn't just leave them black. Probably TRD PRO style wheels. OFfset on the TRDOR is +55, so I probably won't want to go any smaller than +40.

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
285/70-17 BFG KO3's and a Prinsu roof rack... that's about it for this year.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Well, these came early. Went with these because they have a +44 offset and we’re on sale. I’ll have to give it to TireRack. They included the lugs and installed the correct hub rings.
2024 Tacoma First mods for your 2024 Tacoma 4th gen? IMG_0347
Sponsored