Sponsored

First mods for your 2024 Tacoma 4th gen?

ScottyTaco

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco and camry
I think the new tacos look really good all around, the air dam would come off immediately though, what else would you change?
I would love to put some bigger tires and maybe a spacer if possible. get it as high as possible without changing the geometry or having to upgrade shocks. when arb comes out with a front locker that will be on the list, as well as a waterproof cover for the pickup bed or at least something to keep it somewhat dry.
Sponsored

ScottyTaco

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco and camry
I think the tailgate will is locked from the factory this time around. The bed also has the same channels as current gens so tonneau covers will be available very quick im assuming.
great to hear about the cover, I hope it does.

VI510N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
Ideally some 35s will fit stock on pro, front bumper and winch, and lots of lighting.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
The TH comes pretty stacked out the gate IMO...but definitely the first thing is get in line for a GFC w/load bars to deliver out to Colorado hopefully before year's end. Probably going to vinyl wrap it depending on what colors deliver early.. Definitely de-modding the sport bar, although based on the current ETA for the GFCs in my area it could take months, so I might complete a full ARB bed rack sans the molle panels. Need to strap down a few open water boards for summer. Good with the stock tires for now, I need a compound that's a decent mix of highway & off-road. Want to do more trips to Baja, Moab, SoCal, not to mention the winter storm chasing. Tempted to switch to winter treads on this new rig going forward...

2024 Tacoma First mods for your 2024 Tacoma 4th gen? IMG_2632.JPG

Last edited:

Echoedlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 chevy silverado
TRD grill, tonneau cover, some nice seat covers, and really want to experiment with how a cherry bomb or an exhaust tip sounds. All on a trd off road hopefully.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
1. Remove air dam if mpg drop is minimal
2. Front windows tinted to match rear
3. BAK Flip MX4 folding bed cover
4. Bed mounted swing out tool box
5. Blacking out the chrome on driver & passenger mirrors depending on how the Limited looks in person
6. Some type of nylon box with dividers that sits in bed for groceries and similar, or a hanging mesh sling with pockets to hold groceries.
7. Wheel locking lug nuts
8. OEM all weather mats & OEM bed mat
9. OEM dash cam

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I really like mods I did to my 23 Tundra and will do the same for the Tacoma. First things to do is to put a cat shield on, glass screen protector, custom floor mats, tailgate lock, rolling hard bed cove, and bed rug liner.
Do you think we will need a cat shield still now that they placed it up in the engine bay?

Brunson

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Explorer
My first mod will be a set of 17" TRD Gloss Gunmetal Gray wheels. Or aftermarket alternative from KMC or Black Rhino.

I think this color would look great with Underground color for a fully gray'd out look.

2024 Tacoma First mods for your 2024 Tacoma 4th gen? 914gg1URGaL._AC_SL1500_

2024 Tacoma First mods for your 2024 Tacoma 4th gen? 91a14vUaqwL._AC_SL1500_

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
If I can find a Trailhunter the only things I would do is rip that stupid bar thing out of the bed and put in a tri-fold tonneau.

If I end up with an OR I would swap out the grille for the Pro grille and put on the white/amber Rigid fog lights. And add the tonneau. MAYBE some wheels like the ones above. Sadly, taking a iForce Max OR and doing these things would end up costing the same as a Trailhunter.
That's funny... I like the bar in the bed. I was looking at AM options, but maybe I'll just wait until the Trailhunter comes out and buy one from someone who rips it off.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
1. Well, I don't think the TRD OR comes with an Air Dam, but if I end up picking the sport, it will come off immediately.

2. Tires. I work for Goodyear so they will swap out the stock tires for any Goodyear Tire for free. Probably get Duratrac RT. Maybe Territory, but the RTs have better pavement manners.

3. Decked System - Probably going to add the Decked System. If not, BakFlip Revolver Tonneau cover.

4. TRD PRO Grill w/ light bar.

5. Wheels: I don't like the Silver ring around those wheels. Can't imagine why they didn't just leave them black. Probably TRD PRO style wheels. OFfset on the TRDOR is +55, so I probably won't want to go any smaller than +40.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
That's funny... I like the bar in the bed. I was looking at AM options, but maybe I'll just wait until the Trailhunter comes out and buy one from someone who rips it off.
I don’t hate it. Maybe I just need educated. Can you have the bar in the bed AND a tonneau? It looks like an either/or type of thing. I need secure storage. Also the bar seems like a very “look at me!” type of accessory, which is not my style.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
I am going with the Trail Hunter, first mods listed below. I'm 4th on list here in Denver so fingers crossed I get one in the earlier batches. I told the dealer in that I want a 5ft bed (non-negotiable) and the colors in this order (bronze oxide, underground, ice cap, silver metallic). Bronze oxide & underground are by far my top picks. I would likely wait a bit longer for either of those, the white or silver don't really excite me.

Initial Mods
  • Lone Peak camper shell (similar to GFC or Super Pacific)
    • Lithium battery (I will use the bed inverter to keep this topped off while driving)
    • Lighting
    • Inverter
    • Fridge w/slide (taking over from current build)
  • 35's General Grabber ATX; From everything I'm seeing I believe it will just be a tire swap on the TH. No more body mount chop like I have now just to fit 285x70x17.
  • Covert bumper + winch
  • Webasto heater + Webasto bed mount
  • Window tint (not really a mod, but always one of the first things I do with a new vehicle)

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Air dam off, hopefully be able to get a 14" OEM head unit on order and then concentrate on payments, mods will come at a later date for me, I want to pay into as little interest as I can help.
Sponsored