Sponsored

FRONT ALIGNMENT HELP NEEDED

GSPHerder

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Rudy
Joined
Feb 13, 2026
Threads
12
Messages
242
Reaction score
196
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2026 Tacoma TRD PRO
No way thats not gonna eat your tires up. There isn't any majic, either its right or its not.
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
zaidenrk

zaidenrk

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
Zaiden
Joined
Jun 4, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
34
Reaction score
10
Location
New York, NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off road premium
No way thats not gonna eat your tires up. There isn't any majic, either its right or its not.
I did multiple alignments and machine shows it’s perfect caster, camber and toe. All 3 have been adjusted to spec and fall within the parameters of the spec sheet that was posted with the trd lift kit posted on this forum.
 

GSPHerder

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Rudy
Joined
Feb 13, 2026
Threads
12
Messages
242
Reaction score
196
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2026 Tacoma TRD PRO
What is to spec/Perfect? Looking at the first pic you posted that is an insane amount of camber. Toyota offers a range so thier 19yr old tech can find something inbetween to send you on your way.

I gathered a good bit of research and based off one of the better shops in my AO the best i can gather is camber zeroed out is the way. Do you have the printout for your alignment?
 
OP
OP
zaidenrk

zaidenrk

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
Zaiden
Joined
Jun 4, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
34
Reaction score
10
Location
New York, NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off road premium
I’m a technician at Land Rover. I did all my own alignments lol. Didn’t take it to an outside shop. Our alignment machine is a hunter and it’s updated to 2027 models. I’ve been a technician at multiple different brands, about 20 years. I definitely don’t trust my local Toyota dealer as I went there for some warranty issues and they left my skid plate loose. Last one I did. I didn’t do a printout but based on machine specs, and the Toyota instructions and specs, everything seems to be in spec. However I do agree with you that the camber looks off to me. Only other thing I can think is to as you mentioned is zero the camber out and see if that fixes the issue? Maybe. Or I can give up pay $200 bucks and take it to the local offroad shop who said they can get it perfect lol.
 
OP
OP
zaidenrk

zaidenrk

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
Zaiden
Joined
Jun 4, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
34
Reaction score
10
Location
New York, NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma off road premium
Oh and to add to that, the car is completely straight no dragging or pulling to any sides. It’s laser straight.
 

Sponsored

GSPHerder

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Rudy
Joined
Feb 13, 2026
Threads
12
Messages
242
Reaction score
196
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2026 Tacoma TRD PRO
It might run straight but its clearly riding on the outer edges of the tires. Thats gonna eat up the tires quick. Sometimes a different machine or different set of eyes might be worth it considering a new set of tires is running close to $2k these days.
 
Last edited:

Porwal22

TRD Off-Road
Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
10
Reaction score
5
Location
RI
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜25 TRD O/R
I could be wrong, but it looks like your SAI (Steering Axis Inclination) & scrub radius is incorrect. It’s usually knocked out of factory specs, by changing upper / lower control arm ball joint locations when aftermarket control arms are switched out. You can have everything in ā€œgreenā€ as they say. But it is still not adjusted correctly.
SAI & Caster (within reason) are not tire wearing adjustments. The dead giveaway that SAI / scrub radius is off, is slow steering wheel recentering after turning left or right - say turning left or right at a streetlight. It really isn’t noticeable unless you let go of the wheel in the middle of a sharp turn. If you have to ā€œhelp steerā€ the wheel back to center, SAI is not correct. It should return to center with no help.
The angle that is adjustable, is known as the scrub radius. You can adjust that by playing around with different caster / camber angles. It’ll take you a few try’s when you set it up on the rack, but you will eventually get the tires to look ā€œnormalā€ where the tires are sitting correctly like the truck did before it was modified.
Check this video out - it explains in detail what I’m talking about.



I haven’t run a Hunter alignment rack in a few years, but I know somewhere in the menu there is a spec that’ll show you SAI & scrub radius. Thats the key to your front tires sitting correctly on their contact patch. Or as rednecks say ā€œsittin straightā€.
Sponsored

 
 






Top