ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
How to access the OEM dashcam connector in all 2024+ Tacoma:

Product shown: https://dongar.tech/products/toyota5pin. Check my signature for discount code.
FYI we are releasing a parking mode adapter around August... same install steps but completely different product.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Thank you for posting the video. I was able to install my dash cam using the Dongar connector. The overhead console required a little more force to remove than I was expecting, was able to remove and replace it without breaking anything. I routed the included USB-C cable to my camera for a very clean install.

2024 Tacoma How to access the 5-pin OEM dash cam connector in all 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen (for dashcam install) IMG_7364

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Also FYI, I've been looking at connecting my radar to the autodimming mirror (if you have it) and you can just tap into that as well, which is what I will be doing.

Just another option.

1stTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport (6MT)
I just received my 10 pin connector from Dongar today and I am ecstatic. I thought I would need to purchase shorter USB cables however it came with everything so I was able to connect my Miofive dash cam. Although I wasn't so lucky with the cover as I broke a tab... nothing JB weld can't fix. Thanks again Dongar Technologies . Great product !!!!!

2024 Tacoma How to access the 5-pin OEM dash cam connector in all 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen (for dashcam install) dongar

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I just received my 10 pin connector from Dongar today and I am ecstatic. I thought I would need to purchase shorter USB cables however it came with everything so I was able to connect my Miofive dash cam. Although I wasn't so lucky with the cover as I broke a tab... nothing JB weld can't fix. Thanks again Dongar Technologies . Great product !!!!!

dongar.jpg
It was great they included the various style USB cables that were the perfect length to hide the cable with only how much you needed to get to the device it powers. Does the 10 pin you are using allow you to power up something with the ignition off and that’s why you used that one? I used their 5 pin connector kit and it plugged right into then connector that was sitting to the right of the upper console that wasn’t plugged into anything. I have the premium package with the LCD mirror so I’m thinking Toyota has the connection for their dash cam.

Sponsored

1stTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport (6MT)
It was great they included the various style USB cables that were the perfect length to hide the cable with only how much you needed to get to the device it powers. Does the 10 pin you are using allow you to power up something with the ignition off and that’s why you used that one? I used their 5 pin connector kit and it plugged right into then connector that was sitting to the right of the upper console that wasn’t plugged into anything. I have the premium package with the LCD mirror so I’m thinking Toyota has the connection for their dash cam.
Yes, it was amazing it came with various USB cables .
Unfortunately no ... the 10 pin does not allow me to power up anything with the ignition off. If I want that feature, I guess I will need to buy the 5 pin as well.

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road/2007 Nissan Xterra
Installed mine the other afternoon and as others have stated, my goodness it took a lot more effort to pull the overhead console but nothing broke. I just slowly increased force until it popped down.

Made installing a garmin dash can take 5 minutes!

Wighty

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Off Road
How to access the OEM dashcam connector in all 2024+ Tacoma:

Product shown: https://dongar.tech/products/toyota5pin. Check my signature for discount code.
FYI we are releasing a parking mode adapter around August... same install steps but completely different product.
Any update when you'll have the parking mode adapter? Is it still in August?

OP
OP
Dongar

Dongar

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Any update when you'll have the parking mode adapter? Is it still in August?
I think we're pushing to September at this point as we're adding last minute features and additional cables for different cameras.
Sponsored