Sponsored

iForce Max Engine option for TRD Off Road Trim?

ksilvest22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Any info on whether TRD off road trim will have an option for the more horsepower and torque iForce max hybrid power train?

Or is Toyota holding off on that to get more people to by the Pro and Trailhunter versions?

Have $24k down and wonder if it’s worth waiting for a TRD off road with that engine option or is that not ever going to be an option?
Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Yes, Off Road is going to be offered with iForce Max. That's the one I intend to get as well.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Any info on whether TRD off road trim will have an option for the more horsepower and torque iForce max hybrid power train?

Or is Toyota holding off on that to get more people to by the Pro and Trailhunter versions?

Have $24k down and wonder if it’s worth waiting for a TRD off road with that engine option or is that not ever going to be an option?
yes it’s an option. Listed right on the site.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
It'll probably be their biggest seller IMO. The estimation is it'll be +$3-4K on top of the the standard engine OR 4g. We'll see what the config tool will allow. I for one don't really care about the ARB add-ons on the bed of the Trailhunter, so I'll be looking to option-up a OR hybrid engine to something close to a poor-man's TH. I can pay cash for a TH, but there's some stuff included in it like the snorkel that I could care less about. I like the lift and the stance of the vehicle, but the sport bar and all that underside protection is ~90% of the time dead weight/MPG drag to me personally. even the bumper is meh. Robust, cool, but it's just a truck and in 5 years there's gonna be a new halo midsize...

OP
OP

ksilvest22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Yes, Off Road is going to be offered with iForce Max. That's the one I intend to get as well.
Not when I build out a TRD off road, it is only iForce at 317 horsepower and 278 torque with no option.

OP
OP

ksilvest22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
It'll probably be their biggest seller IMO. The estimation is it'll be +$3-4K on top of the the standard engine OR 4g. We'll see what the config tool will allow. I for one don't really care about the ARB add-ons on the bed of the Trailhunter, so I'll be looking to option-up a OR hybrid engine to something close to a poor-man's TH. I can pay cash for a TH, but there's some stuff included in it like the snorkel that I could care less about. I like the lift and the stance of the vehicle, but the sport bar and all that underside protection is ~90% of the time dead weight/MPG drag to me personally. even the bumper is meh. Robust, cool, but it's just a truck and in 5 years there's gonna be a new halo midsize...
Yeesh $3-4k more on top of the increased cost so probably $50k total. Same I’ll just add to it over time instead of financing and paying interest on those features.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Bot when I build it out, only iForce at lower horsepower.
🤦🏻‍♂️ no hybrid build options are available until spring time. Toyota has been pretty clear on that, so no - you won’t see the option for iforce max on a build currently.

OP
OP

ksilvest22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
🤦🏻‍♂️ no hybrid build options are available until spring time. Toyota has been pretty clear on that, so no - you won’t see the option for iforce max on a build currently.
Thanks!

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Not when I build out a TRD off road, it is only iForce at 317 horsepower and 278 torque with no option.
It has not been released yet, they do not even start manufacturing the Hybrids until April and TOYOTA has stayed quiet on mpg’ and price, all we know are HP and Torque. Shouldn’t be multiple longer till we get this information. If you are considering a hybrid, I would recommend you put a deposit down at the dealership of your choosing. If you are not on a list, chances of getting the hybrid will be slim to none for a while.

OP
OP

ksilvest22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
It has not been released yet, they do not even start manufacturing the Hybrids until April and TOYOTA has stayed quiet on mpg’ and price, all we know are HP and Torque. Shouldn’t be multiple longer till we get this information. If you are considering a hybrid, I would recommend you put a deposit down at the dealership of your choosing. If you are not on a list, chances of getting the hybrid will be slim to none for a while.
Good point on putting a deposit down. I keep going back and forth on waiting one more year to save more for the down payment but also want something with better capabilities for the summer camping season.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Good point on putting a deposit down. I keep going back and forth on waiting one more year to save more for the down payment but also want something with better capabilities for the summer camping season.
So put a deposit down and just ensure that it is 100% refundable for any reason. You got nothing to lose!!
Sponsored