Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
SMH these MPG numbers…find a way to lock your air dam if you rock the standard engine! The catalytic converters are harder to steal, but dang watch air dam theft start to spike 🤦🏼‍♂️

all jokes aside, like I’ve been saying the body redesign/ergonomics and utility-tech features piled into the halo grades is a great step change, but solid state batteries in a 5th gen is where the Taco will really be game changing. ICE motors with hybrid drive units - that’s cute - but drive trains powered by zero electrolyte…lighter faster, frunk storage. Lot of res holders for cybertruck, lower level tacos will sell out of necessity but if you’re in line for a Pro or TH might actually get your truck as we head into a slowing economy with jacked interest rates.

I’ll drive this gen Trail Hunter for 5-7 years. This motor is a placeholder/stepping stone…

the Rivian S1 bagged the Rubicon, BEV rigs are for real. Toyota dev needs to light a fire under their own asses
Sponsored

Last edited:

wy3134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dakota
SMH these MPG numbers…find a way to lock your air dam if you rock the standard engine! The catalytic converters are harder to steal, but dang watch air dam theft start to spike 🤦🏼‍♂️

all jokes aside, like I’ve been saying the body redesign/ergonomics and utility-tech features piled into the halo grades is a great step change, but solid state batteries in a 5th gen is where the Taco will really be game changing. ICE motors with hybrid drive units - that’s cute - but drive trains powered by zero electrolyte…lighter faster, frunk storage. Lot of res holders for cybertruck, lower level tacos will sell out of necessity but if you’re in line for a Pro or TH might actually get your truck as we head into a slowing economy with jacked interest rates.

I’ll drive this gen Trail Hunter for 5-7 years. This motor is a placeholder/stepping stone…
yea if i can find a 2023 on a good enough deal under msrp now, i might jump on that and deal with the depreciation potentially of the v6...i have a feeling this current 2024 wont necessarily hold its value like maybe one might think for what these prices are...with being what seems like just a placeholder for change at this point

Dtronic

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 sbw 6.7, 2022 BMS S1000R, 2023 Camry se
Am I the only one that's kind of super disappointed with these numbers, I mean with the price of the Limited I might as well upgrade for the bigger truck...maybe its just me...
I was really was looking towards the Tacoma TRD Pro, but with the price of the Tacoma Limited, I can see the TRD around 60k. I can get a Tundra Limited for very close to that price.

Not to mention the fact that the Trail Hunter and Pro will have 'adjusted market value' for some time.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
TRDJon I think mentioned the fuel capacity is only 18.8 gallons too. Not great Down from 21.1.

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
Right, I think what they're saying is that you should expect a hefty price increase, since these prices are for non-hybrid models and the Pro and TH will most likely be even more expensive than the hybrid Limited, which will be more expensive than the Limited listed here. So they'll start at 60k+, most likely.
And if the TH starts at 60k+, I'll likely be looking elsewhere. I'd be looking at an $8k markup from the dealership I'm working with (yes, I know... I know...), so I'd be looking at almost $70k before I even added on accessories. Shame, if that ends up being the case, because I love everything about the TH.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I am legit shocked at how "surprised" some of you are at these increases.

A couple grand on a new model gen is not bad at all. Some of you were talking WAY more than a simple $3k increase.

RAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Prerunner
Thank you Toyota for making the decision to keep my old Tacoma easy!

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
38K for PreRunner? oof. Might as well get sport 2wd. sr5 4x4 40k...... again ooof. Might as well get the trd off road at 42k
I suspect all of the XtraCab options are somewhat more expensive than some would hope because they plan on making so many more Double Cabs. I definitely get why you'd decide to bump up--the utility of the storage area is somewhat diminished by the lack of door, the additional options on higher trims, and the fact that you're already spending quite a bit, so why not spend a bit more for some extras?

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
4th gen TRD OR is basically equal to a 3rd Gen TRD Pro yet it is less than 3rd gen TRD Pro.
This is basically how I see it. TRD OR iforce Max with premium package will be the way I go most likely. This will leave me some money for K02s and a subwoofer upgrade.
Sponsored