Sponsored

Tacoma Reveal in first week of April 2023?

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I believe it was Drcarmaker that predicted Tacoma reveal the first week of April. With less than 2 weeks away has anyone seen any indication anywhere that this may happen? The only things I have seen were referencing his post. Just curious as I figured that we would have had a teaser or something by now if this was actually the case
Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Jeep
Using recent reveals as comparison, you’d think there would be some teaser or something announced prior to a reveal.

The last product reveal Toyota did, Grand Highlander, there was teaser which included reveal date approx 60 days prior. Maybe Toyota is handling the Tacoma differently?

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Using recent reveals as comparison, you’d think there would be some teaser or something announced prior to a reveal.

The last product reveal Toyota did, Grand Highlander, there was teaser which included reveal date approx 60 days prior. Maybe Toyota is handling the Tacoma differently?
Drcarmaker definitely seems to know what hes talking about, but also mentioned Toyota could change the date. Perhaps the teaser your talking about it April? What I do suspect is this truck will be shown at the Overland Expo events this year. The Sequoia was at the May event in Flagstaff last year, so I would assume the new Tacoma will be as well. The Tacoma is their off road truck, a best seller and Toyota has recently professed their commitment to the overland space. It would be awfully foolish not to show these things off at the large expos that are saturated in Jeep and Toyotas.

OP
OP

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drcarmaker definitely seems to know what hes talking about, but also mentioned Toyota could change the date. Perhaps the teaser your talking about it April? What I do suspect is this truck will be shown at the Overland Expo events this year. The Sequoia was at the May event in Flagstaff last year, so I would assume the new Tacoma will be as well. The Tacoma is their off road truck, a best seller and Toyota has recently professed their commitment to the overland space. It would be awfully foolish not to show these things off at the large expos that are saturated in Jeep and Toyotas.
When is the Overland Expo?

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
If they tease it before the May event, I will assume it will be at Expo West and will be there to see it up close. If it hasn't been teased by then, I wont attend an event until July. At the very latest I would assume the trucks will show up at the Colorado event in August. I have seen the new TRD Pro colors at those events each year.

Expo West May 19-21
Expo PNW July 7-9
Expo Mountain West August 25-27
Expo East October 6-8

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Jeep
Yes, the disclaimer was added if date were to change. The interpretation may have been “seen” as in acknowledged by Toyota, with a teaser and/or event date announced around first week April.

There is also State Fair of Texas where trucks have been revealed in the past, but that’s later in the year around September.

OP
OP

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am just hoping to see something sooner than later so was hoping that the first week in April thing was accurate..... there are several places it could be unveiled. It's important enough and high enough volume I imagine they could justify it's own event. Just making sure I wasn't missing something. :unsure:

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
He signed off public posting. April hasnt even gotten here yet, he gave us some pretty good info. What I thought about too was the backlash Toyota recently got for the Tundra. They teased something and waited months to say anything and people were actually pretty angry about it. So they may just drop the unveiling full on this time. Hard to say.

OP
OP

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately Toyota is not on the press conf schedule. :(

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 9.36.11 PM.png
I suppose they could do their own thing on the 4th and then it be at this show but seems like it's not going be unveiled early April like hoped. :cry: