Sponsored

The moonroof still sucks If you're 6'3 or above...

OP
OP

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Ah bummer you couldn’t sit in it!

Really hope the trailhunter doesn’t come with it in production (or it’s optional / or option for delete). Might be too expensive for me anyways. Time will tell!

Back from the auto show. They had one ‘24 Tacoma there. But it was the TH prototype, which doesn’t have the sunroof. And it was locked anyway, so I couldn’t see how it fits me. Still cool to see the TH up close!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Sounds like you are outta luck. Maybe the GM twins or a ford ranger you can find what you need without a sunroof. Obviously, Toyota has made this decision to keep costs lower than offering every conceivable build. Most want a sunroof😎
Pretty generic statement and not correct for all. I don’t want a sunroof and most truck guys I know up here don’t. A lot of the city guys that “need” a truck want a sunroof, along with a 5’ bed so it is easy to park in their condo or downtown.
My reasons for not wanting a sunroof is less headroom, potential for leaks, and less so, the chance of shattering.

Reactions: MJE

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Pretty generic statement and not correct for all. I don’t want a sunroof and most truck guys I know up here don’t. A lot of the city guys that “need” a truck want a sunroof, along with a 5’ bed so it is easy to park in their condo or downtown.
My reasons for not wanting a sunroof is less headroom, potential for leaks, and less so, the chance of shattering.
Hey buddy, take your gripping to Toyota. Don’t like or agree with my post, scroll on by. I wasn’t asking if you liked it or not, I was stating my opinion and guess what? It is okay if we don’t agree on something or if we agree on something. So regardless of what you were brainwashed and indoctrinated in school about this, it’s okay for us both to have an opinion and not agree!! And what is your problem with city guys having a truck with a 5’ bed parked at a condo in the city? Do you think Toyota makes trucks only for country bois who work on a farm? Mine will never see off-road, it will tow my camper. Suppose you got a problem with that also? Go back to the woods and stay out of my lane.💯☑

Last edited:

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey buddy, take your gripping to Toyota. Don’t like or agree with my post, scroll on by. I wasn’t asking if you liked it or not, I was stating my opinion and guess what? It is okay if we don’t agree on something or if we agree on something. So regardless of what you were brainwashed and indoctrinated in school about this, it’s okay for us both to have an opinion and not agree!! And what is your problem with city guys having a truck with a 5’ bed parked at a condo in the city? Do you think Toyota makes trucks only for country bois who work on a farm? Mine will never see off-road, it will tow my camper. Suppose you got a problem with that also? Go back to the woods and stay out of my lane.💯☑
So much wrong with this response I won’t even go into. This is a thread about sunroof headroom. If you don’t like it scroll on by, instead of telling us most guys want a sunroof and getting defensive with an opposing viewpoint.
This was not attack on you or city guys. I was saying my opinion and facts, not putting down anyone, re read my post.

Pretty much everything you just said applies to your first post. Not mine.
By city guys I mean downtown vs. I live in a suburb city. Not the “woods”.
The best part of your reposes is “it is okay if we don’t agree on something or if we agree on something.”
Please outline where I say I have a “problem” with city guys with 5’ beds? I see why in a tight condo spot. I just can’t live in my downtown due to the extreme leftist attitude there.

I realize people read into text and posts or email communications with how they perceive them and have different sensitivities, but seriously, read my post again and see if I insult or say something about a problem. I stated that city guys here I know that drive trucks want a sunroof, and my reasons for not having one. And you took brainwashing and indoctrination at school out of that? To each their own, I guess.

Last edited:

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
You are the one bitching and moaning about having to accept a sunroof, save your breath for Toyota and spare me and others your belly aching and nice job basically taking my post and writing it back to me, how original🤦

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrong again lol 😂. I never mentioned having to accept a sunroof. From your reply I think it is the best advice yet, I will save my breath. Man, always the guys in glass houses….

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Ah bummer you couldn’t sit in it!

Really hope the trailhunter doesn’t come with it in production (or it’s optional / or option for delete). Might be too expensive for me anyways. Time will tell!
My local dealer finally got one in with the moon roof and I got to sit in it today. I lowered the seat all the way down then adjusted the seat back to my preferred angle. Once I had everything set up comfortably I had about 1” from the top of my head to the ceiling. I had to stretch my back a little for my hair to touch. So not a ton of wiggle room but definitely not a concern for me.

Bigger concern was that once I got my seat set up there was almost no room behind me. Maybe enough room for a very small child.

OP
OP

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Yep. I could do the same, but my seat was at an unsustainable angle, and same thing... no one could be sitting behind me. I have kids I want to camp with, so this is a deal breaker on models with the moonroof. In any realistic position, it doesn't work.

I've tested it three times, sitting at diff dealers, thinking I am over complicating it. Just sucks to lose everything I want on the premium because of the moonroof. Don't think I want to spend on the trailhunter, even if it comes without.

My local dealer finally got one in with the moon roof and I got to sit in it today. I lowered the seat all the way down then adjusted the seat back to my preferred angle. Once I had everything set up comfortably I had about 1” from the top of my head to the ceiling. I had to stretch my back a little for my hair to touch. So not a ton of wiggle room but definitely not a concern for me.

Bigger concern was that once I got my seat set up there was almost no room behind me. Maybe enough room for a very small child.

SirHolmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Limited
Yuuup. Just got my 2016 Tacoma limited with sunroof and my head is jammed against the roof… good thing I didn’t think to try sitting in one with a sunroof BEFORE buying it and having it shipped across country 🫠. Anyone looking for a 2016 Tacoma Limited with a sweet lift and big tires?? Hahaha… fml

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
yeah sunroofs in a truck...built in shower..lol..I dont get the point of them on any vehicle...jmho

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
yeah sunroofs in a truck...built in shower..lol..I dont get the point of them on any vehicle...jmho
I quite like them; I have them open sometimes when I'm out cruising around or on the beach. If I wanted a convertible truck I would have bought a Gladiator.. but having a Sunroof is the next best thing to enjoying a beautiful day when you're out in the wilderness doing some exploring.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I haven't had one in years, but I will say I'm enjoying mine. I like the light that it lets in the cab. That being said, I'm 5'10". If it had been an additional option I probably wouldn't have added it, but I don't mind it's there.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
FWIW, TRD Jon posted a preview of the big Tacoma drive event. He showed several Trailhunters and it looks like none of them have a sunroof. I think the 4Runner TH prototype also doesn’t have a sunroof.

If I were betting I’d put money on the final version of the TH not having it. And I actually want it.

OP
OP

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Dope! That’s good news! Now just nervous on the price. May have to wait for a used one or more favorable rates. Not in a rush, I can wait a couple of years to properly fit into a Tacoma.

FWIW, TRD Jon posted a preview of the big Tacoma drive event. He showed several Trailhunters and it looks like none of them have a sunroof. I think the 4Runner TH prototype also doesn’t have a sunroof.

If I were betting I’d put money on the final version of the TH not having it. And I actually want it.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I haven't had one in years, but I will say I'm enjoying mine. I like the light that it lets in the cab. That being said, I'm 5'10". If it had been an additional option I probably wouldn't have added it, but I don't mind it's there.
I’m the same as you. Came with the TRD Sport plus trim I ordered. I could take it or leave it. I’m also 5’10” and the lesser head room wasn’t an issue for me.

I probably won’t use it that often. But it’s there for a sunny day if I’m out cruising around.

Definitely a first world problem.
Sponsored