Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
You think the headlights are different than an off-road or sport ? I dig the rock sliders ...
I think on the corner of them it says "TRD Pro" and the others say "Toyota". Not sure if functionally they are any different

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
ThePro front valance actually only appears to give more approach clearance over the regular models but, in reality it isn't any more than an appearance difference. I'm leaning toward the off-road at this point as long as it it's above the 20's in mpg with the non-hybrid.

JB1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota 4Runner PRO
To me....this is the first color I have liked on the PRO with all that gloss black trim

Tom59

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Tundra ISE, 2012 CT200h, 2015 NX 200t
ThePro front valance actually only appears to give more approach clearance over the regular models but, in reality it isn't any more than an appearance difference. I'm leaning toward the off-road at this point as long as it it's above the 20's in mpg with the non-hybrid.
I have the 2.4l turbo in my NX200t and get an easy 25mpg. The only issue is you have to run 91 octane min.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Sounds promising, the tacoma will record 87 though. The new 8 speed trans and additional 50 lbs torque should be a significant improvement. My 2020 off-road honestly feels good unlike the 2016 sport I had. I always had the 2016 in ECT PWR mode.

taco_truck

First Name
Randolph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 BMW 330i | ‘21 Toyota RAV4 XSE
You would think that they would snap more than a couple shots of this beautiful beast... more please!

sirvickayc

First Name
Vickayc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
I suspect that the over-fenders in the TRD Pro are glossier than the over-fenders on the OR trim. Been thinking about changing my preference for the OR underground because the over-fenders may not pop like this picture and therefore result in a dull appearance. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I suspect that the over-fenders in the TRD Pro are glossier than the over-fenders on the OR trim. Been thinking about changing my preference for the OR underground because the over-fenders may not pop like this picture and therefore result in a dull appearance. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?
All pictures I've seen of the OR have pretty glossy fender flares as well. I do think it's a bit exaggerated in these pictures because it looks pretty detailed and shined up. I also just really doubt they would make fender flares with slightly different finishes for different trims.
That being said I might be tempted to remove an repaint the fender flares on my truck...

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
I have a hunch they'll be identical to the ones on the trail hunter ( matte black ).

That was likely the finished product or at least I hope so.

My spec : white loaded off-road w/ 33's , rear tow hooks, metal pedals and that ARB bumper. I will have the turn down high clearance exhaust piece installed like they have on the trail hunter too.
Sponsored