Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Just entered my info. Got onto a waitlist with Edmark Toyota of Nampa, ID. There's a good chance I'll switch to Peterson Toyota of Boise, but Edmark is putting people on a list without deposits (Peterson wants $1000, nonrefundable). They don't know if they'll be adding markups, though, which is annoying.

Told them I wanted Limited or TRD Sport Premium in blue, orange, or red, so I just picked Limited and one of those colors on this survey. I've already forgotten which color.
Non refundable and they wonā€™t say what or if there will be ADM! šŸš©
Sponsored

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Non refundable and they wonā€™t say what or if there will be ADM! šŸš©
Peterson told me no markups, so the nonrefundable would be fine...except that they don't seem to get as much volume, so I think it might be harder to get what I want. Edmark isn't taking a deposit, but I do not like the possibility of ADM.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Has ANYONE on this huge list of reservations heard anything at all from their dealer?

I find it wild itā€™s 2 months until December and there is zero pricing, package, mpg info.

Put my deposit down in April(!)

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
I just spoke to a Toyota salesperson at a local dealership and he is adding me to the waitlist for an Off Road iForce Max after I complete a deposit of $1,000. He emailed me an invoice for the 1,000, but there's no description of what for. He mentioned that it is refundable, but can I trust this? Have others completed a similar process and did you/they get anything in writing saying it's refundable? And, under what conditions? I want to reserve the truck, but am not sure how 'legit' and trustworthy this is.

And, since I have a deposit, won't they just decide to mark the vehicle up knowing I want it bad enough to leave a deposit (thereby bad enough to pay over its value)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

joewitafro

First Name
joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 honda civic 1.5l turbo, 95 lexus sc300 turbo
Went to my local dealership in Vancouver, WA and they refused to take a deposit. Had $1,000 ready to go but nope. They told me that numbers would be "extremely limited" which is a full on lie based on production volume of ~ 240k vehicles each year for the past 5 years despite the pandemic. I more-so believe this is a dealership volume problem, as they had a LOT of inventory on the lot so I bet they're trying to force people into 2023 models rather than someone getting to reserve a spot on the allocation list.

Looks like I'll be calling around tomorrow for the BS game we're forced to jump through.

Hey Toyota, take a hint and realize customers want a seamless ordering process, lets allow customers to reserve allocations without restriction of dealerships and delivered to the dealer of our choice. Sounds too simple.

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
Well to be fair, I canā€™t remember what all they said was their add ons. I know Tint for sure , some type of ceramic coating. I know a lot of dealers like charging for the N2, not sure if this dealer does it or not. So I should not have stated that .

I will make the decision if I purchase from them once they get something to my liking and what ā€œtheir MSRPā€ actually is and whether or not Iā€™ll agree with the add ons. Most dealers love the add ons.

Iā€™ve never purchased from this dealership before but they seem to have a good reputation and hope they keep their word and stay honest. Which seems to be difficult to find these days.

Iā€™ve had 3 Tacomaā€™s previously and miss them but I donā€™t miss them enough to bend over. But Iā€™m hopeful and excited for this redesign .
Sorry for bringing up an older post but how did you go about doing an order/reservation? I'm in San Antonio and have no problem travelling but from the dealerships that I've heard back from, none of them are taking orders because Toyota doesn't do orders.

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Sorry for bringing up an older post but how did you go about doing an order/reservation? I'm in San Antonio and have no problem travelling but from the dealerships that I've heard back from, none of them are taking orders because Toyota doesn't do orders.
Most dealerships I know of will take a deposit to put you in line for a vehicle. It's not a factory order, but they'll try to get allotment of one that meets the criteria you select.
But some may not do that. One dealer here would take my name, but they don't want to take any deposits yet. Which seems fair when we don't yet have pricing and such.

Slipstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
In the Charlotte area, but just south on I-77 one exit southbound into South Carolina. The 2024 Taco will be my 1st Toyota.

My closest dealer is Toyota of Rock Hill, SC...a large, busy, successful Toyota dealership.

My contact is actually a newly-minted Sales Mgr, and he keeps refusing my offers for a deposit "until we get model trim information and pricing 17-19 November 2023..."

Dude. Take my money.

Anyone here have any info on Toyota of Rock Hill?

Last edited:

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
@Gsousa your a liar, Furture Toyota of Yuba City isnā€™t taking deposits.

Gsousa

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma prerunner
@Gsousa your a liar, Furture Toyota of Yuba City isnā€™t taking deposits.
Youā€™re* šŸ˜‰

I wasnā€™t mentioning a specific dealership. Future was meant as an, ā€œI donā€™t have a specific dealership yetā€

joewitafro

First Name
joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 honda civic 1.5l turbo, 95 lexus sc300 turbo
Went to my local dealership in Vancouver, WA and they refused to take a deposit. Had $1,000 ready to go but nope.
Got an email from the GM that they would be able to, but I decided to stop with their games and this whole truck market.

Ended up keeping my 22 honda for a daily and purchasing an 07 tundra SR5 4wd with the 5.7l v8 for a dedicated tow rig. Best of both worlds and cheaper for me to own both than buying the 24' tacoma TRD OR.

Good luck to all of you continuing to wait and deal with lies and BS from dealers.

Cariboo Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra AT4
I had a $500 refundable deposit down for a 2023 Access Cab. Toyota just told the dealership it won't get built, so I rolled the order over to a Double Cab TRD Off Road with 6 speed manual.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Most dealerships I know of will take a deposit to put you in line for a vehicle. It's not a factory order, but they'll try to get allotment of one that meets the criteria you select.
This is verbatim to my dealer is Denver / they took a $1k deposit back in June, terms stated non-refundable (all good - Iā€™m overdue for a new truck)/ they donā€™t do ADMs / Iā€™m looking for a base level TH if it means I get it in April, they asked for top 3 colors / bed length / interior color preference / I suppose if the Trailhunter is a racket I could always roll the res it into a TRD OR.

Iā€™ll email them again this year if the December order book includes the hybrids (ā€˜23 down payment tax purposes). If not, my guess is ~March I could down payment then if this particular dealer will do a factory order on the TH for me.

Teufel Taco

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma
I put my 1k deposit down on a TRD Pro back on 1/31/23 and was told I had 3 people in front of me (all 3 were for ā€˜23 models). Just learned yesterday that Iā€™m now 1 of 30 for a Pro (they stopped taking deposits at 30.