Sponsored

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
The all-new 2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter has landed at the XOVERLAND hangar in Montana! Join us weekly for part 1 of our 6 part series where we explore all that the Trailhunter has to offer.

The team gets to work executing a series of 'tests' to see how far they can push the Trailhunter's capabilities.

Test #1 - Sheldon Brown (Lead engineer of Tacoma) flies out to Montana to meet with Clay to do a deep dive into the new features of this new Tacoma.

Crawl control, downhill ascent control, and multi-terrain select, give Clay and Sheldon plenty to experiment with at the XOVERLAND Ranch's offroad course.

This is only the beginning of this action-packed journey to explore the Trailhunter Tacoma's true grit.

Sponsored

fjtotaco

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
pinnacledragons.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Thank's Guy's ! Very cool of Sheldon (Toyota) to visit you! I can't wait for the "real world" Trail Hunter videos!

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Part 2 better be an MSRP deep dive.

This shake & bake carryover interest that Toyota & dealers are making on depositor's money SMH.

We know it has crawl control âś…
We know drones want to film it and people want to drive it âś…
We know it can escape the mall parking lot if Armageddon upheaves the concrete âś…
We know there's gonna be a big Trailhunter merch swag drop coming soon. âś…
Because you can't drive your TH into the mall and fjord the water fountains to get your Starbucks, so gotta have your TH t-shirt 🤙🏽 ✅

Last edited:

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Not a chance. Pricing won't be released until April. It sounded like Part 2 will be up fitting, so hopefully they will touch on cargo capacity, towing, etc.

OP
OP
Independence Overland

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
They said this was filmed back in October. A lot of info was out back then, but none of the truck had been delivered yet and we knew less about that, so take that into consideration. I can say with confidence the MSRP will not be coming from the XO channel. That will come in April, probably the week after this series completes.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

This shake & bake carryover interest that Toyota & dealers are making on depositor's money SMH.

We know it has crawl control âś…
We know drones want to film it and people want to drive it âś…
We know it can escape the mall parking lot if Armageddon upheaves the concrete âś…
We know there's gonna be a big Trailhunter merch swag drop coming soon. âś…
Because you can't drive your TH into the mall and fjord the water fountains to get your Starbucks, so gotta have your TH t-shirt 🤙🏽 ✅
Im sorry but your comment is hilarious.

ppl wonder why they continue to be disappointed, yet think EO are releasing mpg/price. What shake a bake? I’m honestly dying laughing at this comment.

it’s a deep dive series…we already know when price/mpg is dropping

edit: I see your claim it was a joke, but I somehow don’t believe you lol

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
ppl wonder why they continue to be disappointed, yet think EO are releasing mpg/price. What shake a bake? I’m honestly dying laughing at this comment.

edit: I see your claim it was a joke, but I somehow don’t believe you lol
That's exactly why I commented like that! 'Wen Pricing' till end of days.... Jokes aside, I enjoyed the video! Albeit a paid-pump, but hey can't pick apart a TH when your buddy is the chief engineer & sitting shot gun! And the fact you bought a ranch just to test this vehicle! Weird!

OP
OP
Independence Overland

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
That's exactly why I commented like that! 'Wen Pricing' till end of days.... Jokes aside, I enjoyed the video! Albeit a paid-pump, but hey can't pick apart a TH when your buddy is the chief engineer & sitting shot gun! And the fact you bought a ranch just to test this vehicle! Weird!
I think he meant that as a joke, they bought the ranch to do some training classes, and to meet with their content creators for the Overlander Network. There are small cabins built around the property. However, I am sure Toyota is stoked to see it and will be taking them a Land Cruiser and new 4Runner as well when the time comes.

Pretty crazy that their company has come this far. They are killing it.

Jobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
I know this has kinda been asked ad nauseum but if everyone agrees pricing is in APRIL, wasn't that when hybrid production was supposed to start and wouldn't they need to announce it weeks in advance?

Based on the other trims, there was a lot longer lead time between pricing announcement and production. Why slow roll Trailhunter and Pro pricing until right when production begins.

OP
OP
Independence Overland

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I know this has kinda been asked ad nauseum but if everyone agrees pricing is in APRIL, wasn't that when hybrid production was supposed to start and wouldn't they need to announce it weeks in advance?

Based on the other trims, there was a lot longer lead time between pricing announcement and production. Why slow roll Trailhunter and Pro pricing until right when production begins.
I have been wondering as well. The pricing for Land Cruiser has been announced as of today, and the test drives are the same event as the Tacoma hybrids. So I would anticipate knowing pricing very soon.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
I have been wondering as well. The pricing for Land Cruiser has been announced as of today, and the test drives are the same event as the Tacoma hybrids. So I would anticipate knowing pricing very soon.
When is the Land Cruiser/Tacoma Hybrid drive event? I would also agree that it wouldn't make sense for Toyota to wait to announce pricing until they start manufacturing them. I bet we'll hear soon.

OP
OP
Independence Overland

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
When is the Land Cruiser/Tacoma Hybrid drive event? I would also agree that it wouldn't make sense for Toyota to wait to announce pricing until they start manufacturing them. That doesn't make any sense so I would also guess we'll hear soon.
April is all I have heard, not sure on the exact date. Toyota is pretty calculated on how they are doing this, for as unorganized as they seem to be.

The XO Trailhunter series has the last episode at the end of March. Toyota definitely had a say in when this was allowed to be published. I would assume the drive event is either the week after, or possibly 2 weeks after the last episode. That would be nearly a month and a half of hype videos.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
April is all I have heard, not sure on the exact date. Toyota is pretty calculated on how they are doing this, for as unorganized as they seem to be.

The XO Trailhunter series has the last episode at the end of March. Toyota definitely had a say in when this was allowed to be published. I would assume the drive event is either the week after, or possibly 2 weeks after the last episode. That would be nearly a month and a half of hype videos.
Gotcha, thanks. I'm happy that they gave XO access to the TH. It's nice to see them putting it through some more real off-road scenarios. I'm hoping they get into some of the specs/details that we haven't seen yet as well, which I expect. I'm a huge XO fan. At least I have their videos to look forward to each week until launch. The wait is killing me... Quick comment on something you posted on a different thread. I agree (hope) that with all the marketing/hype/engineering effort/market demand for the TH/PRO that they will be producing more of them than they have Pro's in the past. It seems like a lot of wasted effort for them to do all that and only make a handful of them. I don't expect production to be in line with the non-halo's, but it seems like increasing over the past Pro production would make a lot of sense.
Sponsored