Sponsored

PadyWagon

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996 Turbo | TJ Rubicon (being replaced by TRD Pro)
They’ve said for months that iforce max trucks would deliver in spring. Maybe I’m misunderstanding your post.
Yes I realize its slated for April production (fingers crossed) but I expected to at least get pricing at this point.

4rsreed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Those numbers are pretty disappointing. I'm assuming that truck weights a lot less than a Tundra but it gets basically the same MPG. I was really thinking we'd see the highway mpg get up to 25ish.
I don't think that the I-Force Max Hybrid Engine is included in these MPG numbers.

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
I get his frustration, Toyota has known what the costs for those trims for months. There's no way they would have even shown a truck they didn't know costs for. They're just stringing us along.
Right. And I realize that there are people looking at the trims they have released pricing for, but it's the TRD Pro and the TH that probably have the most interest - so for them not to release prices for those yet? Yeah, stringing us along.

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I don't think that the I-Force Max Hybrid Engine is included in these MPG numbers.
Hybrids typically don't impact hwy MPG. If that system is tuned like a Tundra, you'll see the city MPG increase by 1-2 MPG.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
They haven’t released any pricing for IForce Max, which is an option in many of the trucks with pricing released today. To compare TH and Pro to the today’s pricing, you’ll first need to add the extra cost of IForce Max to the appropriate model.

wy3134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dakota
Am I the only one that's kind of super disappointed with these numbers, I mean with the price of the Limited I might as well upgrade for the bigger truck...maybe its just me...
nope. im in the market for a new mid sized truck and this was the most disappointing release in a while...for touting the switch to a 4cyl turbo engine that should have been able to get better mpg by at least 15-20% over the gas hog v6 its replacing.

MIKE

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda accord hybrid, Ram 1500
Those numbers are pretty disappointing. I'm assuming that truck weights a lot less than a Tundra but it gets basically the same MPG. I was really thinking we'd see the highway mpg get up to 25ish.

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Am I the only one that's kind of super disappointed with these numbers, I mean with the price of the Limited I might as well upgrade for the bigger truck...maybe its just me...
I'm going to start looking at Tundras I think in the spring. They're starting to sell for under MSRP in places so if you were wanting a higher trim Tacoma that Limited Tundra is going to be pretty appealing in my opinion.

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
They haven’t released any pricing for IForce Max, which is an option in many of the trucks with pricing released today. To compare TH and Pro to the today’s pricing, you’ll first need to add the extra cost of IForce Max to the appropriate model.
The iForce Max isn't an option in the TRD Pro or Trailhunter, though. It's standard.

MIKE

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda accord hybrid, Ram 1500
WOW, we were hoping to downsize from a full size Ram 1500 and get better mileage with the hybrid. It is only a few mpg better than our the Ram with the 5.7 Hemi v8. They couldn't even get 25?

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
The iForce Max isn't an option in the TRD Pro or Trailhunter, though. It's standard.
Right, I think what they're saying is that you should expect a hefty price increase, since these prices are for non-hybrid models and the Pro and TH will most likely be even more expensive than the hybrid Limited, which will be more expensive than the Limited listed here. So they'll start at 60k+, most likely.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
This is disappoing all around. Glad to see the MT still cheaper than the AT though, solidifies my choice for going manual. The MPG is disappoing to say the least.

I remember when you could buy a full sized truck for 60k CAD and now you can hardly get a Tacoma with that lol yikes.

That better be one kick ass i4 they put in it, all I can say.
Sponsored