2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)

Kayumanggi65

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 Toyota
Good read! So from what I gather that both the Tundra and Sequoia are being made in TX and the '24 Tacoma's in Mexico?

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
I felt this interview has been one of the best I’ve seen so far. He talks about strategy, the build, after market accessories. Sheldon Brown talks about how they tried to make each trim be compatible with others. A new air box and fender can get you the Snorkel from the Trailhunter on the SR5 or OR, cool read.

Cavemold

First Name
Cavemold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
i think if they keep up with demand they will be fine, also pricing on lower trims will be key, nobody spending over 34k for the preunner or sr5.

joewitafro

First Name
joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 honda civic 1.5l turbo, 95 lexus sc300 turbo
One thing I learned from this article was that trucks are tested to a higher standard than the commuter cars:

QDR is our lifeblood. It's what we stake our reputation on. So all of the components in this engine go through all of the same sort of torture testing, the same load testing that all of our traditional power trains have gone through. When we went to the turbos, we even decided we're gonna take it a step further. On the truck series, we actually take our, our twin-scroll turbos and we actually we require those to meet our commercial standards.

That's 33% more life cycle and duty. We know because truck users are gonna be towing and they're gonna be hauling and you might be boosting a little bit more. So in those particular cases, we wanna make sure to meet those standards.
Knowing the truck engines and turbos were tested to withstand 33% more life cycle and duty over say the same engine that came in the lexus NX or toyota crown hybrid; just assures me even more this is going to be a good move going forward (higher boost, lower displacement like mentioned).
Sponsored