Sponsored

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
I might do it as it allow me to put a bigger spare tire on.
Ooh I didn’t even think of that. I need to get a full size spare on. Mine came with 18s and there’s no way I want to be swapping the fronts to the rear on the side of the road if I ever get a flat in the rear. Looks like I found a reason for the axle dump exhaust. Hah

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'm on the fence. I'm curious to see if OP will get any engine lights popping up, I might have to buy a universal muffler at my local bumper to bumper and try it out myself.

I've only ever in my life had cat back systems, can anyone steer me in the direction I need by telling me if I'd have to buy any additional hardware? I'd have to bring it to a shop, I don't weld. Will they have piping usually?

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I'm on the fence. I'm curious to see if OP will get any engine lights popping up, I might have to buy a universal muffler at my local bumper to bumper and try it out myself.

I've only ever in my life had cat back systems, can anyone steer me in the direction I need by telling me if I'd have to buy any additional hardware? I'd have to bring it to a shop, I don't weld. Will they have piping usually?
If you install the exhaust dump, you still have a muffler. The tacoma has a muffler further upstream and then on some models a resonator in the back. That muffler-looking thing at the back by your tailpipe is NOT the muffler. Trailhunter, as an example, does not have the resonator. If you buy an exhaust dump you will get a different tone, but you won't have that ugly tailpipe hanging. Probably not a good idea if you have pets in the back inside a cap but otherwise it looks much better. They're always going to sound like crap, it's a 4 cylinder.

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
If you install the exhaust dump, you still have a muffler. The tacoma has a muffler further upstream and then on some models a resonator in the back. That muffler-looking thing at the back by your tailpipe is NOT the muffler. Trailhunter, as an example, does not have the resonator. If you buy an exhaust dump you will get a different tone, but you won't have that ugly tailpipe hanging. Probably not a good idea if you have pets in the back inside a cap but otherwise it looks much better. They're always going to sound like crap, it's a 4 cylinder.
Yeah there's a guy that done an axel dump on YouTube, no real sound difference but I'm sure it'd be good for trails, may do that myself today. But I'd like to hear what it sounds like with a flow master or borla muffler too. How it sounds is subjective to everyone, I like the sound of i4s when done right, much how some people (I don't know how, I hate it) like the sound of straight piped HD trucks.

A little sound to offput the horrid noise that comes from the engine bay into the cab wouldn't be a bad thing to me, people can think what they want in public, they don't make my payments 🤣

BMunster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
A 4 cylinder can never sound good. So just leave it alone. Lol

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
The first modification I seen getting backlash on this site, I see people from Taco Nation are starting to make their way over lol.

I personally like it OP, but I had 4 cylinders my entire life, it's an acquired taste for folks, but at the end of the day you're the one fronting the not so cheap loan payments so who cares 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'll be going your route soon but either with a full bolt on exhaust system or a aftermarket muffler.

I'd rather my truck sound like đź’© than sound like nothing at all, personally it already sounds like đź’© because of the injectors and whatever else is causing that god awful sound. Loudest 4cyl I've ever owned that's for sure.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Yeah there's a guy that done an axel dump on YouTube, no real sound difference but I'm sure it'd be good for trails, may do that myself today. But I'd like to hear what it sounds like with a flow master or borla muffler too. How it sounds is subjective to everyone, I like the sound of i4s when done right, much how some people (I don't know how, I hate it) like the sound of straight piped HD trucks.

A little sound to offput the horrid noise that comes from the engine bay into the cab wouldn't be a bad thing to me, people can think what they want in public, they don't make my payments 🤣
magnaflow has this one listed for the 24 Tacoma. I’d really like to hear how it sounds.

2024 Tacoma Resonator Delete from exhaust of nonhybrid 2024 Tacoma i-Force 4 cylinder (video sound clip) IMG_7325

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
magnaflow has this one listed for the 24 Tacoma. I’d really like to hear how it sounds.

IMG_7325.png
YotaGarage seems to have a wide selection from various brands. Decisions decisions, too early in the game to go on YouTube and see what each one sounds like lol. I just know I'll never go flowmaster again, was quite dissatisfied with their cat backs in the past.

I'd like to see Borla come out with one, pricy but borla always sounds great.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport

Fiigtaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR
Is this a kit or did you just remove the muffler? I can see the resonator in the video
Sponsored