Sponsored

Where is your fob while driving?

Vidman

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Rick
Joined
Jul 26, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
316
Reaction score
323
Location
Mass
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter 6 foot bed 1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
In my pocket with house and shop keys attached
Sponsored

 

EVOTACO

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Jay
Joined
Jun 7, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
70
Reaction score
48
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
'24 Taco TRD OR i-FMAX, '14 EVO X
The venerable "5th" pant pocket, when equipped, otherwise key card with wallet. No keys attached.
 

Miqie

TRD Sport
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
670
Reaction score
523
Location
Missouri
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide.
This.
If you habitually toss it somewhere in the vehicle, eventually you are going to walk off without. And then anybody can walk up, unlock, and drive away.
You can’t lock the vehicle with keys inside. I can’t with mine.
 

rallyprox

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Scott
Joined
Apr 28, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
12
Reaction score
12
Location
Northern California
Vehicle(s)
2025, TRD Off Road, MT
I leave mine in the drivers door pocket. Until I get wherever I am going. When parked in the garage. Key stays in the truck.
 

Sponsored

Dirt

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Greg
Joined
Oct 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
252
Reaction score
181
Location
Eastern OR
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OR 6' bed, after gen 3, 2, 1, and '87 Taco's
You can’t lock the vehicle with keys inside. I can’t with mine.
Miqie - you can lock the rig with the fob inside IF you remove the actual key from the fob and use it to lock the door. You can do that while the rig is running also if you want. You must use the key to unlock the door(s) at that point as well.
 

Yotota

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
292
Reaction score
292
Location
SW WA
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD
The venerable "5th" pant pocket, when equipped, otherwise key card with wallet. No keys attached.
I thought I was the only one who used the "change pocket" or "watch pocket" for my key fob. It's a perfect fit!

I have a small loop of 550 cord tied to all my fobs which makes them easier to pull out, or to clip on a carabiner when needed.
 

aaudiholic

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Apr 20, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
33
Reaction score
41
Location
Denver
Vehicle(s)
26 Tacoma 6MT
I use the flat wallet key(which stays in my wallet), or my phone.
 

gmalkmus

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Nov 17, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
168
Reaction score
183
Location
SW Missouri
Vehicle(s)
2025 Tacoma TRD Offroad 6MT, 2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Man I've been driving keyless cars for like 13 years. I just leave it in my pocket or put it in a cupholder.
 

ApexTaco

TRD Sport
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
6
Reaction score
6
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
In the morning it's in my gym bag. Any other time its in my pocket. I also carry my card key in my wallet. I have noticed a few times the truck will not respond to locking or unlocking with the fob or door handle.
 

Sponsored

GSPHerder

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Rudy
Joined
Feb 13, 2026
Threads
12
Messages
237
Reaction score
196
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2026 Tacoma TRD PRO
yep, in my wallet, house doors have key codes so no more keys!
 

Mercedes

TRD Sport
Well-known member
Joined
May 27, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
70
Reaction score
70
Location
≈39N
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport "Mercedes"
While driving, most often in one of the center console cupholders.

When the truck is off, at home or on the road, it's locked, the fob then placed in a Faraday pouch.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:
 






Top