Sponsored

Which 2024 Tacoma trim do you plan to purchase?

• Total voters

sacker12

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD
None of the dealers in my area won't allow deposits until allocations get released, so I will have plenty of time to make up my mind.
Sponsored

chounder

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Has anyone took the plunge to put a deposit down yet? I’m on the verge of placing one on the pro or trail hunter but hesitant dude to msrp not announced yet. I fear by the time we even find out the msrp both the pro and trail will be hard to get
I think they will be both hard to secure from the get-go. None of my area dealers are taking deposits yet, but I also refuse to pay mark-up so finding a reasonable dealer may be hard to do. Just make sure your deposit is refundable and you'll be good I'd imagine.

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I only picked up that the roof rack was optional on Trailhunter. I like the Trailhunter and might still end up treating myself to it, but it includes a number of features that drive up the price and aren't particularly of interest for me. For example,
  1. I have no interest in the Sport Bar, I want to fit a camper and have no use for the former.
  2. Like wise the electric tailgate is a neat option for some but no value to me.
  3. Not sure the hybrid will offer enough value for me. I don't need the high power/torque and it doesn't seem likely to offer a significant gain in mpg, particularly for touring/overland, where I'd be after additional range from the economy. If the hybrid battery supports 2.4kW electric output when the engine is off then that might persuade me. But there are other ways to skin that cat using the non-hybrid 400W output to charge a portable power station.
  4. Suspension is nice but the standard TRD OR Bilsteins are probably good enough for my needs
I'm the guy that still thinks Bilsteins are the best.

chounder

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
I dig it!
I’m still holding out hope that the 4auto option, that was only shown and highlighted in the Limited is available on the OR or Sport. The more I read about the TH may be too pricey for me.
Yeah anytime they start throwing out the word "Halo" - yah know it's gonna be $$$$$

mnguyen023

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I think they will be both hard to secure from the get-go. None of my area dealers are taking deposits yet, but I also refuse to pay mark-up so finding a reasonable dealer may be hard to do. Just make sure your deposit is refundable and you'll be good I'd imagine.
I have a dealer 6 hours away msrp. No deposits on pro or trail yet. So good chance I can get one from then depending on them. Bad thing is, is I think it’s non refundable

cgalloni

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Manual
Depends on the price of each Trim. I'd like a TRD Sport but also could be a TRD OFFROAD it all depends on the pricing which I am assuming not going to be cheap. It's a shame these trucks used to be very affordable not anymore

Cavemold

First Name
Cavemold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Either the sport or prerunner both low demand here should be easier to get ?

Cavemold

First Name
Cavemold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Depends on the price of each Trim. I'd like a TRD Sport but also could be a TRD OFFROAD it all depends on the pricing which I am assuming not going to be cheap. It's a shame these trucks used to be very affordable not anymore
i think after the sport its going hefty price. i think sport will be 40-43k PRO 45-49k trail hunter 51-53 . The hybrid wont be cheap

Drm919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Remember iForceMax not coming until May 2024 at earliest so...

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Pro
A lateral move for me. I have a 2019 TRD Pro and placed my deposit in March for a 2024 TRD Pro.

The only negative is that I predict the new TRD Pro Hybrid will receive a $10k price jump. I’m guessing just short of $60k. Ouch!

2024 Tacoma Which 2024 Tacoma trim do you plan to buy? 665AC4C2-5F5F-46C6-B9EE-02007B397242

Last edited:

2TR-FE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma SR5 - 2023 Corolla LE
Pre-runner has my attention

cvollers

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Alltrack
I only picked up that the roof rack was optional on Trailhunter. I like the Trailhunter and might still end up treating myself to it, but it includes a number of features that drive up the price and aren't particularly of interest for me. For example,
  1. I have no interest in the Sport Bar, I want to fit a camper and have no use for the former.
  2. Like wise the electric tailgate is a neat option for some but no value to me.
  3. Not sure the hybrid will offer enough value for me. I don't need the high power/torque and it doesn't seem likely to offer a significant gain in mpg, particularly for touring/overland, where I'd be after additional range from the economy. If the hybrid battery supports 2.4kW electric output when the engine is off then that might persuade me. But there are other ways to skin that cat using the non-hybrid 400W output to charge a portable power station.
  4. Suspension is nice but the standard TRD OR Bilsteins are probably good enough for my needs
I can see the utility of the electric liftgate if putting a wedge camper on the bed. After you get in the bed at night you need to get that gate up…easier to do it electronically than rigging some type of pull strap that would otherwise just be in the way.

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
I can see the utility of the electric liftgate if putting a wedge camper on the bed. After you get in the bed at night you need to get that gate up…easier to do it electronically than rigging some type of pull strap that would otherwise just be in the way.
I had considered that application but with the liftgate being aluminum pulling it up manually doesn't seem too much of a hassle. A manual liftgate might also allow tighter seals to be fitted to keep out dust, videos seem to show quite a large gap around the gate currently. The anti-pinch sensors on the electric gate might inhibit better sealing. All just my speculation of course.