Sponsored

Speculation on future performance upgrades?

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I haven't driven the new Taco yet and reviews of the power delivery are positive, so I'm not at all trying to complain about the stock config.

Turbo engines are typically easier to squeeze out performance gains, even without having to swap out injectors and such. I suspect the engine has already been detuned somewhat to meet emissions (especially the 6M and its "crankshaft hammering" which resulted in it's moderate hp/torque reduction). Also, Toyota has traditionally over-engineered their engines and drivetrains for strength and durability, so there may be room for reliable improvements.

Anyone care to speculate on what the aftermarket will come out with for tuning? 300 ponies and 350 torques doesn't seem outlandish with just a simple programming change.
Sponsored

Fiigtaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR
Burger Tuning is working on a JB4. The Lexus NX(2.4T) tune gets ~+50 hp/tq, so i would expect something in the same ball park. Their tundra tune is +75hp

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)

Fiigtaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR
what do you think the chances this will work for the Tacoma 😅 Also, do you k is if these programmers will void the warranty, or if you are able to flash the ecu prior to having to take it into the dealership for service?

https://burgertuning.com/products/jb4-tuner-for-toyota-highlander
I've never used a JB4 but from what i've read it doesn't affect the ECU since its a stand alone unit down line from the ECU, but I'd also take that with a grain a salt and let someone else experiment with it.
Sponsored