Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
2024 Tacoma design revealed in patent images! Looks just like the EV concept.... which in the back of my mind I figured was the design but this might be ours also.

Background:

The images come from a Design Patent Registration filed in Brazil. The document filed with the document indicates that it was published on January 24, 2023, by Brazil's Ministério do Desenvolvimento, Indústria, Comércio e Serviços Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial.

The authors of the design are listed as Matthew Niven Sperling, Scott Matthew Roller; Kengo Iwanaga, and Yeongmin Kong.

Kengo Iwanaga has been a Senior Lead Designer at Toyota's Calty Design Research center since November 2009 (see LinkedIn profile). Similarly, Yeongmin Kong has been a Senior Lead Designer at Calty Design Research since June 2018 (see LinkedIn profile). Matthew Sperling has also been involved in many of Toyota's patents.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Design Images Revealed in Patent! πŸ“Έ πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 9

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Design Images Revealed in Patent! πŸ“Έ πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 3

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Design Images Revealed in Patent! πŸ“Έ πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 8

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Design Images Revealed in Patent! πŸ“Έ πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 7

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Design Images Revealed in Patent! πŸ“Έ πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 2

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Design Images Revealed in Patent! πŸ“Έ πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 6

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Design Images Revealed in Patent! πŸ“Έ πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 5

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Design Images Revealed in Patent! πŸ“Έ πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 4

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Design Images Revealed in Patent! πŸ“Έ πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 1

UPDATE -- a look at how this design compares to the Tacoma EV Concept previously shown by Toyota.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Design Images Revealed in Patent! πŸ“Έ πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ toyota tacoma ICE vs EV Concept
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Been lurking here for a while and finally signed up when I saw these pop. Sign me up if that's it! The EV concept looks good minus that fake grille.

This fixes it while keeping the best parts of the redesign.

Its a TRD thang

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen tacoma
I dont see baby tundra like others are saying . Totally different look to me

OP
OP

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I dont see baby tundra like others are saying . Totally different look to me
I agree.... not as much 'baby tundra' as others seem to think. The taillights and rear bumper look very tundra, the 'standard' version will probably lose the fender flares and have a similar crease to tundra. Overall I think it looks ok, but looks more like a revised version of the current than 'all new' to me. Obviously it is not a refresh of the current one though.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Are those bigger wheel wells for bigger tires?
Called it! They have to allow bigger tires to be competitive. They will likely never sell it with big tires, but 30% if their customers are modifying so they want to remain relevant I would assume.

Truck looks good, looks exactly like the EV that was shown last year. Imagine that...

Its a TRD thang

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen tacoma
Called it! They have to allow bigger tires to be competitive. They will likely never sell it with big tires, but 30% if their customers are modifying so they want to remain relevant I would assume.

Truck looks good, looks exactly like the EV that was shown last year. Imagine that...
Are they bigger though or do they just look bigger

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
EDIT: I was referring to the wheel wells, not the truck

They look longer. I guess we wont know for a little while, but even making the truck fit 33s without hacking up stuff would be cool. They pay attention though. Id be willing to bet the 33 can fit without cutting. They are getting ready to launch a Trailhunter rock crawling line, so they had to do something. Rock crawling in the US means bigger than a 32, thats for sure.

Last edited:

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
I hope no bigger! Leave bulk to the Tundra. Seems I read where Toyota has officially said they will be no larger. Just make the seating position better and more comfortable...

Trob20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
This is the trim that was seen testing in AZ. I'm interested to see if this will force Toyota to move up the reveal, or if Toyota was aware this was going to happen and the reveal may be planned for something like the Super Bowl, which I think @Dr. Carmaker1 hinted at.

EDIT: After some brief research, the Tacoma isn't currently sold in Brazil. Only the Hilux. I wonder if the two models are merging.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
This is the trim that was seen testing in AZ. I'm interested to see if this will force Toyota to move up the reveal, or if Toyota was aware this was going to happen and the reveal may be planned for something like the Super Bowl, which I think @Dr. Carmaker1 hinted at.
Chicago Auto Show!!! Pass it on, make it happen!

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
Another lurker trying to decide between this, new Canyon, and new Ranger. Someone had to put this together. 2024 Tacoma (from patent images) side by side with 2023 Tacoma TRD Pro from Toyota's configurator.

Will be interesting to see if ergonomics change in the cabin. The cabin and doors appear to be similar in size, which makes sense because it was reported to not grow in size.. but the shape and positioning is quite a bit different.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Design Images Revealed in Patent! πŸ“Έ πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 72D2CDBD-F73E-4AD3-AE3B-81500BC571DF
Sponsored