Sponsored

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
I have direct confirmation from Toyota USA contacts, that production of the 2024 Toyota Tacoma will still indeed begin in December 2023 as of October 10, 2022. It is coming along well with no further delays. Look for the first prototype units to appear in the coming weeks as we get closer to 2023.

I repeat, this information is directly from Toyota. Additionally, 930B (4Runner) is NOT for MY 2024, but 2025 per another contact adjacent to Toyota as a Tier 1 supplier. That contact, is extremely informative and knows about TNGA-F and everything BOF for North America into 2029.

I took a break from online, because of my own reasons and self-preservation in some circles. I learned about this Tacoma information very long ago, but updated internal Toyota USA documentation confirms a redesigned Tacoma by February 2024. A new Camry about 6 weeks after that as well, not next year.
Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I have direct confirmation from Toyota USA contacts, that production of the 2024 Toyota Tacoma will still indeed begin in December 2023 as of October 10, 2022. It is coming along well with no further delays. Look for the first prototype units to appear in the coming weeks as we get closer to 2023.

I repeat, this information is directly from Toyota. Additionally, 930B (4Runner) is NOT for MY 2024, but 2025 per another contact adjacent to Toyota as a Tier 1 supplier. That contact, is extremely informative and knows about TNGA-F and everything BOF for North America into 2029.

I took a break from online, because of my own reasons and self-preservation in some circles. I learned about this Tacoma information very long ago, but updated internal Toyota USA documentation confirms a redesigned Tacoma by February 2024. A new Camry about 6 weeks after that as well, not next year.
Well I was really hoping we would see something go on sale at the end of summer....hopefully I can hang on till Feb 2024. My 2014 Nissan Rogue currently has 188K miles by Feb 2024 I would probably be somewhere around 215K......

OP
OP

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I was really hoping we would see something go on sale at the end of summer....hopefully I can hang on till Feb 2024. My 2014 Nissan Rogue currently has 188K miles by Feb 2024 I would probably be somewhere around 215K......
Since about August 2021 or so, I have known that Job 1 would be December 2023 and thankfully it hasn't changed. Previously this vehicle was 2023 MY redesign, until 2019 and then in Q3 2021, slipped from August 2023 Job 1 to December 2023 instead.

I have been trying to spread this info around since I learned of it (Dec 2023) since last fall, but a lot of jokesters with a WiFi and YouTube channel, undermine my low key efforts to keep people apprised of 920B development, on the future of North America's best selling midsize pickup.

Coming up next, is a nice surprise I had forgotten to mention in my last post and clarify in full. IIRC, on Tuesday the first American built 920B integrated prototype units will be assembled here at Toyota's prototype pilot facility and enter testing by November 10th. Spy shots are coming very, very soon as I promised recently. Some of these final prototypes might be photographed unsheathed for marketing and press purposes and or shown as representatives of the production design at the new truck's reveal in 2023.

OP
OP

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
920B TACOMA PRE-PRODUCTION UNITS TO BEGIN ASSEMBLY AT TOYOTA PROTOTYPE PLANT HERE IN DETROIT METRO. My intel was clearly dead on from September and forgot to mention, that in a few days, the first US-built prototype units of the final Tacoma design, will be built here and enter testing rounds around here. Although some 3D printed components of the real McCoy have been mounted on never before seen 920B Tacoma mules, this is a completely integrated unit reflective of the final design frozen back in 2021.

Per more confirmation, production still begins December 1, 2023 in Mexico.

We have had a few TRD Pro Tacomas used for our own benchmarking purposes ironically enough (one in Calvary Blue).;)

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser

I know this is a Tacoma forum, but do you know anything about this alleged new Land Cruiser?

OP
OP

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know this is a Tacoma forum, but do you know anything about this alleged new Land Cruiser?
I had logged in before I left for Australia to respond to you, but I lost my internet session on my notebook and it vanished.:mad:

I've been discussing this for some years now, it's 100% real.

In fact, I will point you here, to my old account on Lexus Enthusiast (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7). I very privately learned about this new Land Cruiser in October 2019 via the administrator, when it was in early development and maybe waivered on it being a 300-Series or not in most cases until 2020, because according to the source, there was no launch date set.

I knew mostly then to expect the 300-Series for 2021 introduction as a 2022, so what was this other Cruiser? I then deduced that the US market LC was for MY 2024 on my own and went public about it incognito, via this link. It sure as hell wasn't any 300-Series at all.

As for the iconic Land Cruiser, the U.S. model will reportedly be sold only with five seats as a “serious off-roader” without an emphasis on luxury. It will be offered at a significantly lower price, but its launch date is not known at this point.
A lot of other commentary transcribed by the Motor1 article was taken out of context a bit and the nature of similarities to previous forum discussion, eventually earned me negative points there with the source who gave me privileged information on so many upcoming Toyota models, possibly feeling betrayed (confidence).

I left that Lexus forum in July 2020, because I didn't appreciate the slanted outlook towards the Bronco reveal, a vehicle my spouse helped oversee as a T6 liaison between Ford Australia (here in Melbourne) and Ford World HQ back in Dearborn. Plus, I pretty much felt I had gotten tired of partisan BS and gaslighting, that held Toyota as the holiest that could do no wrong against every other manufacturer. It was gradual decline in objectivity towards other brands/companies, which I got tired of and feeling like I had to defend them more often than not.

I don't do blind favoritism, not at all and will pack up and go quickly if that takes center stage, versus open minded discourse.

I used to be a leading expert on renowned German Car Forum, only bowing out after getting sick of blind partisanship towards everything German and horrible lack of objectivity on anything that had no German connection, while pretending that wasn't the case. Plus, BMW vs MB wars all too often. It should be expected with the territory, but other forums don't pretend to be above partisan discourse (Lexus), while just as dirty anyway at times.

Otherwise, a lot of great insight on all things future Toyota and Lexus comes out of that Lexus Ent. forum. Nowhere else comes close on the internet, simply put. I had joined there over a decade ago as an undergraduate upperclassmen, before it was converted from a blog into a forum. I left there, because it is too much a conflict of interest to be perceived as a very visible Toyota/Lexus fan, when I work for Ford/Lincoln professionally and Ford Motor Company pays the majority of my annual salaried income. In the end, I didn't care to defend opinionated criticism and become a sole representative from Ford corporate, left on the defensive from every criticism and/or accusation lobbied against Ford. I saw confrontations coming I didn't want to be having, so I left.

This is why I don't comment much anymore in most places, because I can't be on Ford forums, if I am at risk of violating my contract vis-a-vis NDAs. I.E.: A lot of early information on the newest Bronco in the late 2010s, was my province up until 2020 when it was revealed. After that, I eventually jumped ship from Ford related forums, when I realized I didn't favor being an insider against the organization I was employed by and having to dodge bullets internally.

Thus, Toyota forums are proving to be an unwelcome issue, that I permanently want to bow out of commentary on. Due to the partisan aspect of it is becoming once again complicated for me, as someone who works for a well-established direct competitor, yet also owns several Toyotas myself. I only return to these spaces, to keep the narrative straight and accurate on TNGA-F, via dispelling clickbait and debunking trolls for the sake of fellow owners not leaving a discussion misinformed. Very few people are able to reliably report on Toyota developments with BOF vehicles, because the intensely competitive nature of the segment makes it hard to get direct information in a consistent fashion.

Toyota people on these vehicles just do not talk to the press at all. If they do, it is heavily redacted. It is easy for media, most specifically vloggers on YouTube or clickbait writers, to make up fake nonsense on future Japanese nameplates to mislead American owners and viewers with their opinionated expectations, which often have no truth to them.

What does happen is (on the flipside), even as a competitor, I ironically in reality have much more access to info on these developments than anyone in media does it seems. I've unfortunately discovered as I have gotten older as a young professional, I have become the voice on what's coming alongside a few other incognito people (who are even much more low key than me). I have had to adjust accordingly, when I realized all those magazines and print publications I looked up to, do not always have the answers like I believed growing up. It's fellow colleagues and/or competitors at other R&D centers or Tier 1 supplier engineering personnel, who know the nitty gritty.

We are the ones who log in and share what we know incognito. It's wild to me, because I haven't worked for Toyota in any capacity in more than a decade. I am trusted by insiders and "adjacents" (Tier 1 supplier personnel, marketing or sales TMS USA peeps), with secret information the average person won't know. Before Ford, I was at another automaker and shareholder in another, which didn't compete directly with each other. I saw a lot internal insight back then too and passed it on.

However, the majority of the public put their trust in vloggers who don't know anything from Adam, except when press relations throw them a nugget of info on discretion or off the record. I'm frankly exhausted on trying to keep the narrative straight, which is why I never bothered discussing this Land Cruiser much after a certain point. People believed in a 2023 Tacoma because of the first spy shots in October 2021, despite me saying that the Tacoma was a 2024 model as early as 2019-20. The held onto "DATED" expectations of a 2023 4Runner from 2020, despite me pointing out from good insight, it was a 2024.5 model (now 2025).

Anyway, the new Land Cruiser is coming for certain. I mentioned this vehicle a few times in some spaces over the last 3 years, but when I started sounding like the lone voice on it, I went silent. Mostly because of the possibility that the new 2024 GX had absorbed it instead. Despite that, I did list it in 2021 as a 2024.5 model on some other forums, because I was quietly reminded that it was on deck for 2024 and not anymore new info different from 2019. On the off-chance it was pushed back, it was going to be for MY 2025, so I said 2024.5 just to be safe.

Color me shocked that Toyota's dealer body didn't leak it back in 2019, but finally did in 2022 upon being shown it physically. This vehicle will not replace the 4Runner, which arrives in 20.5 months as a 2025 model. The next GX is due in December 2023, as I mentioned back in 2021. The Land Cruiser is due next December or in early 2024, in parallel to the new Tacoma, which I am now seeing a November 1, 2023 Job 1 date for.

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2016 tacoma trd sport
automotivepress on youtube is saying the Tacoma will be revealed in spring. do you know if that's true? I think that's odd since production doesn't start all the way till December.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
automotivepress on youtube is saying the Tacoma will be revealed in spring. do you know if that's true? I think that's odd since production doesn't start all the way till December.
If you read his posts they are overly cryptic trying to make it sound like there is some secret knowledge there which I thought might be legit at first, but am beginning to be convinced otherwise at this point.

I'm hoping for a spring reveal with a mid/late summer on sale date... pure speculation though nothing to base that on

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I had logged in before I left for Australia to respond to you, but I lost my internet session on my notebook and it vanished.:mad:

I've been discussing this for some years now, it's 100% real.

In fact, I will point you here, to my old account on Lexus Enthusiast (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7). I very privately learned about this new Land Cruiser in October 2019 via the administrator, when it was in early development and maybe waivered on it being a 300-Series or not in most cases until 2020, because according to the source, there was no launch date set.

I knew mostly then to expect the 300-Series for 2021 introduction as a 2022, so what was this other Cruiser? I then deduced that the US market LC was for MY 2024 on my own and went public about it incognito, via this link. It sure as hell wasn't any 300-Series at all.

A lot of other commentary transcribed by the Motor1 article was taken out of context a bit and the nature of similarities to previous forum discussion, eventually earned me negative points there with the source who gave me privileged information on so many upcoming Toyota models, possibly feeling betrayed (confidence).

I left that Lexus forum in July 2020, because I didn't appreciate the slanted outlook towards the Bronco reveal, a vehicle my spouse helped oversee as a T6 liaison between Ford Australia (here in Melbourne) and Ford World HQ back in Dearborn. Plus, I pretty much felt I had gotten tired of partisan BS and gaslighting, that held Toyota as the holiest that could do no wrong against every other manufacturer. It was gradual decline in objectivity towards other brands/companies, which I got tired of and feeling like I had to defend them more often than not.

I don't do blind favoritism, not at all and will pack up and go quickly if that takes center stage, versus open minded discourse.

I used to be a leading expert on renowned German Car Forum, only bowing out after getting sick of blind partisanship towards everything German and horrible lack of objectivity on anything that had no German connection, while pretending that wasn't the case. Plus, BMW vs MB wars all too often. It should be expected with the territory, but other forums don't pretend to be above partisan discourse (Lexus), while just as dirty anyway at times.

Otherwise, a lot of great insight on all things future Toyota and Lexus comes out of that Lexus Ent. forum. Nowhere else comes close on the internet, simply put. I had joined there over a decade ago as an undergraduate upperclassmen, before it was converted from a blog into a forum. I left there, because it is too much a conflict of interest to be perceived as a very visible Toyota/Lexus fan, when I work for Ford/Lincoln professionally and Ford Motor Company pays the majority of my annual salaried income. In the end, I didn't care to defend opinionated criticism and become a sole representative from Ford corporate, left on the defensive from every criticism and/or accusation lobbied against Ford. I saw confrontations coming I didn't want to be having, so I left.

This is why I don't comment much anymore in most places, because I can't be on Ford forums, if I am at risk of violating my contract vis-a-vis NDAs. I.E.: A lot of early information on the newest Bronco in the late 2010s, was my province up until 2020 when it was revealed. After that, I eventually jumped ship from Ford related forums, when I realized I didn't favor being an insider against the organization I was employed by and having to dodge bullets internally.

Thus, Toyota forums are proving to be an unwelcome issue, that I permanently want to bow out of commentary on. Due to the partisan aspect of it is becoming once again complicated for me, as someone who works for a well-established direct competitor, yet also owns several Toyotas myself. I only return to these spaces, to keep the narrative straight and accurate on TNGA-F, via dispelling clickbait and debunking trolls for the sake of fellow owners not leaving a discussion misinformed. Very few people are able to reliably report on Toyota developments with BOF vehicles, because the intensely competitive nature of the segment makes it hard to get direct information in a consistent fashion.

Toyota people on these vehicles just do not talk to the press at all. If they do, it is heavily redacted. It is easy for media, most specifically vloggers on YouTube or clickbait writers, to make up fake nonsense on future Japanese nameplates to mislead American owners and viewers with their opinionated expectations, which often have no truth to them.

What does happen is (on the flipside), even as a competitor, I ironically in reality have much more access to info on these developments than anyone in media does it seems. I've unfortunately discovered as I have gotten older as a young professional, I have become the voice on what's coming alongside a few other incognito people (who are even much more low key than me). I have had to adjust accordingly, when I realized all those magazines and print publications I looked up to, do not always have the answers like I believed growing up. It's fellow colleagues and/or competitors at other R&D centers or Tier 1 supplier engineering personnel, who know the nitty gritty.

We are the ones who log in and share what we know incognito. It's wild to me, because I haven't worked for Toyota in any capacity in more than a decade. I am trusted by insiders and "adjacents" (Tier 1 supplier personnel, marketing or sales TMS USA peeps), with secret information the average person won't know. Before Ford, I was at another automaker and shareholder in another, which didn't compete directly with each other. I saw a lot internal insight back then too and passed it on.

However, the majority of the public put their trust in vloggers who don't know anything from Adam, except when press relations throw them a nugget of info on discretion or off the record. I'm frankly exhausted on trying to keep the narrative straight, which is why I never bothered discussing this Land Cruiser much after a certain point. People believed in a 2023 Tacoma because of the first spy shots in October 2021, despite me saying that the Tacoma was a 2024 model as early as 2019-20. The held onto "DATED" expectations of a 2023 4Runner from 2020, despite me pointing out from good insight, it was a 2024.5 model (now 2025).

Anyway, the new Land Cruiser is coming for certain. I mentioned this vehicle a few times in some spaces over the last 3 years, but when I started sounding like the lone voice on it, I went silent. Mostly because of the possibility that the new 2024 GX had absorbed it instead. Despite that, I did list it in 2021 as a 2024.5 model on some other forums, because I was quietly reminded that it was on deck for 2024 and not anymore new info different from 2019. On the off-chance it was pushed back, it was going to be for MY 2025, so I said 2024.5 just to be safe.

Color me shocked that Toyota's dealer body didn't leak it back in 2019, but finally did in 2022 upon being shown it physically. This vehicle will not replace the 4Runner, which arrives in 20.5 months as a 2025 model. The next GX is due in December 2023, as I mentioned back in 2021. The Land Cruiser is due next December or in early 2024, in parallel to the new Tacoma, which I am now seeing a November 1, 2023 Job 1 date for.

Awesome reply! I am one of those Youtubers, and I do my very best to visually label segments as "Hopes and Dreams" or "Rumors" and never claim to know what's actually happening, just opinions for fun and I state it that way. Its fun to imagine what could be coming, and I also like to mention things like the hope for front locking diffs on future TRD Pro models. Part of the reason I do that, is so if anyone working for Toyota ever sees (because they do have people that pay attention) they can read through comments and get feedback on things like that. Sorry it gets so misconstrued. I bet knowing something is happening and seeing completely made up or false information drives you absolutely nuts.

I appreciate your reply, thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing that LC!
Sponsored