Sponsored

lauren01

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Lauren
Joined
Aug 20, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
998
Reaction score
948
Location
Ventura, CA USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Tacoma Trailhunter LB
Thanks! I hope this will help me figure out how to redo my SRL install on my ā€˜25 TH. The left light isn’t getting enough voltage when braking so I fouled up something. But backup works. I would also like to turn them on with an Aux switch. The last one I have currently (no pun intended) is the plug in the interior by the driver footwell. I’d like to power a Midland GMRS radio with it.
 
OP
OP
wolfpackwest

wolfpackwest

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Sep 4, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
83
Reaction score
128
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2026 Tacoma Trailhunter
Thanks! I hope this will help me figure out how to redo my SRL install on my ā€˜25 TH. The left light isn’t getting enough voltage when braking so I fouled up something. But backup works. I would also like to turn them on with an Aux switch. The last one I have currently (no pun intended) is the plug in the interior by the driver footwell. I’d like to power a Midland GMRS radio with it.
the left brake/taillight, or the SR-L? The red halo should be on with your taillights, not the brake lights (like they don’t get brighter when you brake). Just to clarify.
 

lauren01

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Lauren
Joined
Aug 20, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
998
Reaction score
948
Location
Ventura, CA USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Tacoma Trailhunter LB
the left brake/taillight, or the SR-L? The red halo should be on with your taillights, not the brake lights (like they don’t get brighter when you brake). Just to clarify.
Yes, the SRL, I connected to the left taillight. I’ll take a look next time I’m with the truck.
 
OP
OP
wolfpackwest

wolfpackwest

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Sep 4, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
83
Reaction score
128
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2026 Tacoma Trailhunter
Yes, the SRL, I connected to the left taillight. I’ll take a look next time I’m with the truck.
That's interesting - you're using all of SPV's harnesses/parts? If so, it sounds like it might just simply be a connection issue. I actually faced this when swapping all of my parts over to my new truck. The left light wouldn't come on at all. Turns out, I just didn't plug the connector in all the way and I missed it. Once I fiddled with it, disconnected/re-connected, it came on like normal. So yeah, I'd just double-check all your connections next time you're with the truck - I'm sure it's as simple as that.
 

Sponsored

lauren01

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Lauren
Joined
Aug 20, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
998
Reaction score
948
Location
Ventura, CA USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Tacoma Trailhunter LB
That's interesting - you're using all of SPV's harnesses/parts? If so, it sounds like it might just simply be a connection issue. I actually faced this when swapping all of my parts over to my new truck. The left light wouldn't come on at all. Turns out, I just didn't plug the connector in all the way and I missed it. Once I fiddled with it, disconnected/re-connected, it came on like normal. So yeah, I'd just double-check all your connections next time you're with the truck - I'm sure it's as simple as that.
Sure will but I am a big dummy at that installation…it’s on my list to check fuses and revisit connections. It’s honked up :)
 

SPV Parts

Well-known member
BASIC Sponsor
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 12, 2024
Threads
16
Messages
110
Reaction score
73
Location
Greenwood IN
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Ranger Raptor
That's interesting - you're using all of SPV's harnesses/parts? If so, it sounds like it might just simply be a connection issue. I actually faced this when swapping all of my parts over to my new truck. The left light wouldn't come on at all. Turns out, I just didn't plug the connector in all the way and I missed it. Once I fiddled with it, disconnected/re-connected, it came on like normal. So yeah, I'd just double-check all your connections next time you're with the truck - I'm sure it's as simple as that.
Yes. Those connectors are TIGHT! You REALLY have to PUSH them to get them to "Click" sometimes. Same when removing them.

John
 

ilie

SR
Member
First Name
ilie
Joined
Aug 15, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
9
Reaction score
5
Location
california
Vehicle(s)
2026 Tacoma SR white
This is the topic I was waiting for a wile. Great write up and great result. My needs are modest and only involves adding back-up lights. My 2026 SR has a very needy light backing up. I am interested in the connector plugged in the back of the stop lights. I didn't want to cut wires to get power. I wander if I can get only the T-bar connector.
 

Rubenc87

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Ruben
Joined
Sep 2, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
197
Reaction score
80
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRD PRO
the left brake/taillight, or the SR-L? The red halo should be on with your taillights, not the brake lights (like they don’t get brighter when you brake). Just to clarify.
I had a similar issue when I installed mine. One of the connections was not making good contact. Re checked and fixed. crimp was not on tight. used improper crimps and did not make good contact. Used correct crimps and great connection. No problems since.
Sponsored

 
 






Top