Sponsored

A/C Chirp TSB

R70Ca

TRD Sport
New member
Joined
Oct 24, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Are you guys only hearing it on initial startup or every time the compressor cycles? I only hear it on initial startup. 1 chirp and that's it. Maybe because the windows are up or I just have bad hearing? I never hear anything from the vent area inside the truck.
Mine as well, did you find a solution
Sponsored

 

slater

TRD Sport
Well-known member
Joined
May 2, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
125
Reaction score
75
Location
san diego
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma sr5/2wd, white
im not reading all this.....
I had the chirp in my previous sr5 & now my sport.

Had the compressor replaced under the tsb & all has been find for about 4 months now?
TSB came out just as I was parking at corporate.

I have a good relationship with the shop. foreman at my dealer & been a tech myself for so long...

They reached out to toyota & there was no reason to throw a compressor at it till a revision took place.
No point in throwing the same faulty part at it.


All is good now!
 

BLtheP

SR
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
255
Reaction score
197
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2026 Tacoma SR MT & 2021 Tacoma TRD OR MT
im not reading all this.....
I had the chirp in my previous sr5 & now my sport.

Had the compressor replaced under the tsb & all has been find for about 4 months now?
TSB came out just as I was parking at corporate.

I have a good relationship with the shop. foreman at my dealer & been a tech myself for so long...

They reached out to toyota & there was no reason to throw a compressor at it till a revision took place.
No point in throwing the same faulty part at it.


All is good now!
I’m thinking I’m going to buy the TSB part and attempt to replace myself without opening the charge lines up. I won’t buy it until it’s on Black Friday discount. Just not really interested in them opening up the system if it can be avoided. Am I crazy for that stance?
 

slater

TRD Sport
Well-known member
Joined
May 2, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
125
Reaction score
75
Location
san diego
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma sr5/2wd, white
I’m thinking I’m going to buy the TSB part and attempt to replace myself without opening the charge lines up. I won’t buy it until it’s on Black Friday discount. Just not really interested in them opening up the system if it can be avoided. Am I crazy for that stance?
Maybe....
I wasnt an AC guy....
I do recall my AC guys hammering on compressor clutches pretty hard with a rubber mallet though...

Worse case, remove the fan so you can get more swing, you will have to look at it...

So youre out of warranty???


https://dot.report/bulletins/MC-11029895-0001.pdf
 

lxs123

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 8, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
55
Reaction score
37
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
24' TRD Offroad
My AC clutch was replaced by dealership under the TSB, no more chirping sounds. They did however had to recharge the AC afterwards which was all covered under warranty. Make sure to check if they plugged the rad fans back in, its a common issue where the tech forgets and then you end up overheating, thankfully i caught that pretty quick.
 
Last edited:

Sponsored

mrgooden

Limited
Well-known member
First Name
Richard
Joined
May 2, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
103
Reaction score
95
Location
Chesapeake, Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
[/QUOTE]
Well, picked my truck up after completion of the TSB. This is the second clutch installed in the 2 years I have had the truck, but the part number for the clutch for the TSB is different, so I assume something changed.

Either way. First time starting the truck without a double chirp in months. Oddly enough, while waiting on my keys, I heard a double chirp after a vehicle started. Turned to look. Shocker, a Tacoma.

It took about 6 weeks for the chirp to return on the last clutch. Hopefully, it stays gone now.

Richard
About 2 1/2 months later, truck is still quiet. Just posting a follow up.

Richard
 

RutsyBucket

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Hunter
Joined
Jun 7, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
165
Reaction score
165
Location
Carlsbad, CA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Terra Off Road
Had mine done today. Had been chirping since day 1. Stupid local dealership fought me on it on more than one occasion. Luckily second time I came armed with 10 different videos of it chirping 4-5x on the first minute after startup. Even with those, they still didn't want to do it. Looking forward to starting it cold tomorrow and not hearing that stupid noise.

Got a brand new Corolla for a loaner. Surprisingly nice place to spend time. I'd actually buy one of those. I like how simple and smooth they are. 45mpg doesn't hurt either.
IMG_3099.webp
IMG_3097.webp
 

iron.head

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
May 26, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
50
Reaction score
8
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2025 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Premium
I’m thinking I’m going to buy the TSB part and attempt to replace myself without opening the charge lines up. I won’t buy it until it’s on Black Friday discount. Just not really interested in them opening up the system if it can be avoided. Am I crazy for that stance?
Why would you pay for it out of pocket?
 

BAQ717

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Nov 13, 2024
Threads
23
Messages
214
Reaction score
284
Location
Pennsylvania
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma TRD OR
So far so good with the TSB my chirp has been remedied. An unexpected benefit was that the AC engagement has been less rough and less noticeable when sitting at idle. Highly recommend for all of those OCD people like me.
 

Sponsored

jahpahneh

TRD Off-Road
Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
8
Reaction score
7
Location
HI
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
2026 TRD OR TACOMA, started chirping at around 2,000 miles. The chirp is definitely quieter than my 2026 though, but still annoying. Noticed that the chirp is louder when I’m on the throttle.
 

maxx075

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 24, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
1,300
Reaction score
1,591
Location
FL
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I wish they would make this a recall. I'm out of warranty now but have the chirp fairly consistently now
 

jahpahneh

TRD Off-Road
Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
8
Reaction score
7
Location
HI
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Yes I wish it was a recall, I took my 2024 in multiple times and showed video with the chirp on start up. They could never reproduce the chirp, that may sound familiar to a lot of 4th gen owners. I do wonder if the 4Runners chirp like the Tacomas.
 

SKYRNCHEXP

TRD Sport
New member
First Name
MIKE
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
Location
KNEEVADA
Vehicle(s)
2024 TACOMA SPORT
After a replaced compressor/clutch last year for the chirp and it only lasted a couple days. I finally got the TSB done a couple weeks ago and it has been noise free. The clutch kicking on is still pretty noticable at idle. It seems if I raise the idle rpm 50-100 rpm it goes away. Wonder if i can get the rpm raised with one of the tunes avail once i go that route
Sponsored

 
 






Top